Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm PUMPED for my moose hunt this upcoming fall in Canada. I cant decide between broadheads so help from everyone will be greatly appreciated. I shoot Mathews Triax 28.5" draw 70 lbs. Carbon Express Maxima Red SD 350 was thinking Bee Stinger Buzzcut 150 Slick Trick 4-blade 100 with 50 brass insert or try 150 Zwicky Eskimo???? I'd definitely switch to a recommended heavier arrow if someone suggested

·
Banned
647 Posts
I'm PUMPED for my moose hunt this upcoming fall in Canada. I cant decide between broadheads so help from everyone will be greatly appreciated. I shoot Mathews Triax 28.5" draw 70 lbs. Carbon Express Maxima Red SD 350 was thinking Bee Stinger Buzzcut 150 Slick Trick 4-blade 100 with 50 brass insert or try 150 Zwicky Eskimo???? I'd definitely switch to a recommended heavier arrow if someone suggested
Woodsman 3 blade ....easy to sharpen , design has stood the test of time...

·
Registered
262 Posts
We shoot a lot of stuff up here in Alberta. We use wasp Jak hammers about 95% of the time. Great broadheads. Here’s a moose my son killed at 70 yds this past fall...went about 50 yds after the shot.

Attachments

Reactions: 168p&y

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Woodsman 3 blade ....easy to sharpen , design has stood the test of time...
I'll look into them and plan on buying several different heads to experiment with this spring to see which one flies best for my set up thank you I'll look into these

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We shoot a lot of stuff up here in Alberta. We use wasp Jak hammers about 95% of the time. Great broadheads. Here’s a moose my son killed at 70 yds this past fall...went about 50 yds after the shot.
Sweet bull sweet shot and I'll ad them to my list thank you sir

·
Registered
12,127 Posts
VPA 2 or 3 blades, cutthroat, valkyrie blood eagle, 125gr kudu (cut diameter is just right on 125's) you want something with exceptional edge retention, their hide is thick, you want something that will be sharp after going through the hide. iron will, kudu, valkyrie blood eagles all have really good edge retention... vpa/cutthroat are good too, just not as.

i think the QAD exodus makes the list too. if you go with magnus, i would stick to 2 blades so you don't have the split ferrule the 4 blades have. GK silver flames are another good choice, and solid legends.

lots of options, but i would stick with tough construction and good blade steel

·
Vendor
10,812 Posts
I would highly recommend the Slick trick Viper tricks for a replaceable blade head. For fixed heads the Cutthroat or Kudu deserve a look. I would suggest if using a resharpenable head to go with one that is easy to sharpen and holds the edge.

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
A solid one piece head made of quality metal, that does not have screws, and is COC.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,607 Posts
Killed mine a few years back with a Magnus Black Hornet Ser Razor - blew right through it. But if I to do it today I'd be taking Tooth of the Arrow heads. There are a lot of good heads that would work though - Moose are huge but not that tough to kill with a good shot. Aim low and good luck on your hunt.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Wasp HAVALON!!!

333 Posts
Iron Will broadheads are designed for maximum penetration on big animals like moose. Durability, sharpness and edge retention are key to this. There are a few moose testimonials on our website including this guy with a 60 lb bow and 27.5 inch draw got a full pass through and split a 2" sapling 20 feet beyond a 61" Yukon moose. Superior Broadhead Penetration on Yukon Moose — Iron Will Outfitters

1 - 20 of 49 Posts