Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 695 Posts

·
Registered
12,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well . . since I mentioned it in last years thread and it is June 2 . .here ya go. You know who you are and what to do.

Ecoregion World Map Atlas Font

·
Registered
12,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll be heading to Seven Springs for Total Archery Challenge tonight. Will anyone else be there this weekend?

Reactions: davydtune

·
<------Reese
Hoyt Ventum 33 and KI Swat X1
19,684 Posts
I'll be heading to Seven Springs for Total Archery Challenge tonight. Will anyone else be there this weekend?
Never got motivated to shoot TAC after it was cancelled in 2020. Right now, I am up to my neck in projects at my house, so archery is on the back burner. Maybe in a month or so I can get excited for archery.

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,595 Posts
Wow the 2022-2023 thread is here all ready! I am looking forward to seeing everyone post their trail cam pics as well as their success/trophy pics! Only like 4 months until the beginning of Archery season! I’m going to be trying some new broadheads this year. Due to a shoulder injury I dropped my poundage so no mechanical heads for me. Going to start testing out some QAD Exadus and TOTA real soon.God bless and good luck to you all this season!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Since you posted the WMU Map ..... Does anybody else think WMU's 5A and 5B should be modified?
Ecoregion Map World Font Line

The mile wide Susquehanna runs down the east side of York County. If York County was added to 5A, the remaining 5B would still be larger than the current 5A.
My reasoning is this.
1. The deer herd we are attempting to manage. Deer cross route 94 & route 15 (the current western edge of 5B) every day. They pretty much only cross the river if they are forced to or the rut is on.
2. It is easy for hunters to cross back and forth from York County to Adams County. Unless you happen to live in northern York County where four bridges will get you to Harrisburg on the other side of the river, there are essentially two locations you can cross the river south of the turnpike. Columbia and way down at Holtwood/Muddy Run area. Not exactly convenient for most York County hunters.
3. The river is the best natural barrier for slowing the spread of CWD. Which makes it easier when creating DMU's when another case is found.
4. PGC Regions. York County is in the South Central Region while the rest of 5B is in the South East Region.

I've discussed this with PGC Officers and was told it would have to be done through legislation. I guess I'll try to take that route. It might help if others would be willing to join in with sending emails.
That's my rambling for the day.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
No TAC for me. We sold our house last month, moved into an apartment while we search for a new one and just have a million things going on at once it seems between kids, house hunting, work and life in general. I haven't even shot my bow since April.....don't judge me too harshly. Hoping to start hitting the SGL Archery Range once a week starting this month but we shall see how that pans out.
By the way, avoid buying a house now, we are 0-6 on bids.....this last house we looked at had 12 different bids on it and another house we bid on went for 107k over asking price....o_O

·
Registered
12,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heading out early tomorrow morning, shooting tomorrow and Saturday.
I'm going out tonight and will shoot tomorrow and Sunday. Noon nock time for both days. I don't remember which courses off-hand.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'll be hunting SGL in 4B this year, with my Hoyt Axius(as long as I can resist the urge to try something different).The farm where I've hunted many years is headed to auction, so its looking like pre hung sets on private will be a thing of the past. Been considering selling my collection of Lone Wolf sticks and stands, and trying either a Beast or LWCG setup. Anyone have any experience with either setup, pro's and con's?

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
1,743 Posts
I don't know how people are affording to have homes built or buy homes with the prices of everything right now. In my town, a work in progress of building double wide homes has been in progress with a few built and more on the way. They were starting at about 240k for basically half a single floor home! Now they're building a bunch more in another field above me that are much larger, that field was previously farmed in some fashion for 70-80 years.

Archery season is too far off for me to get too excited yet. Other then maybe shooting fingers my archery setup isn't going to change. I'll hunt the same properties and save my best spots for the right conditions.

Next up for me will be mostly fishing for a while.

Reactions: davydtune

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
I have a LWCG 1.0 I can't say one bad thing about it although I probably use a saddle 80% of the time.If you want an actual stand to use for mobile hunting,the 1.0 combined with a single EASTERN OUTDOORS STICK IS ABOUT AS GOOD AS IT CAN GET.I also have a LWCG double step with a two step aider,It's decent but the EWO stick is the best way to climb with one stick.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
I don't know how people are affording to have homes built or buy homes with the prices of everything right now. In my town, a work in progress of building double wide homes has been in progress with a few built and more on the way. They were starting at about 240k for basically half a single floor home! Now they're building a bunch more in another field above me that are much larger, that field was previously farmed in some fashion for 70-80 years.

Archery season is too far off for me to get too excited yet. Other then maybe shooting fingers my archery setup isn't going to change. I'll hunt the same properties and save my best spots for the right conditions.

Next up for me will be mostly fishing for a while.
A first time homer buyer would have to be out of their mind to buy or build something right now.When this bubble bursts,it's gonna be ugly.

·
Registered
I don’t hunt for the sport I hunt for the meat
26,849 Posts
A first time homer buyer would have to be out of their mind to buy or build something right now.When this bubble bursts,it's gonna be ugly.
Agreed 100% banks didn’t learn the last time so they’ll give out loans and mortgages. Then when it all ends prices drop people walk out on their houses because they’re worth less then they paid and banks will start going under again. Oh wait then they’ll ask for another bailout

1 - 20 of 695 Posts