Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a black riser highland camo limb 2022 maverick xt 60-70lb in stock anywhere? I wanna buy one for my Canada trip

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thinking of comparisons the new abs improved maverick xt to the Pse Mach 1 which I do love

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I would be curious to know what they improved. I sold my XT because of a couple of things I didn't like about it. And I am a Darton FAN. I'm hoping they will keep improving their bows. I know it's going to difficult to do without REX, but hopefully, they will have atleast one good designer at Darton to carry Darton into the future. Even today, if I had to go back to my 05 Darton Magnum Extreme, I would have just as much confidence in it as I do my newer bows.

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would be curious to know what they improved. I sold my XT because of a couple of things I didn't like about it. And I am a Darton FAN. I'm hoping they will keep improving their bows. I know it's going to difficult to do without REX, but hopefully, they will have atleast one good designer at Darton to carry Darton into the future. Even today, if I had to go back to my 05 Darton Magnum Extreme, I would have just as much confidence in it as I do my newer bows.
so I am under the impression Rex is still involved but the business side is being ran by Randy and his team which im my opinion is great. Sooooo

One thing I hate like u in the fact that u have to move the module to get to the string loop! Can’t stand that

but almost no hand shock at all and I shot the bowtech revolt x which I loves, Mathew traverse which feels kinda the this afternoon the shot.

the axels are 1/4” and wondered limb pockets are allowing for more shimming capabilities.

new grip is amazing no rough edges

but that module issue is annoying as heck with the xt but I can get past that with all these other changes

Reactions: Dewboy

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
I may be mistaken, but I think they went with 1/4 inch axles and widened the limb pockets. I do not believe they changed the module covering the string post on most settings though. I have a 2021 maverick and those are my 3 gripes about it. After switching the shims around it is shooting bareshafts at 30 yards. Love the bow otherwise. It is lighter and has a better draw than most bows out now.

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may be mistaken, but I think they went with 1/4 inch axles and widened the limb pockets. I do not believe they changed the module covering the string post on most settings though. I have a 2021 maverick and those are my 3 gripes about it. After switching the shims around it is shooting bareshafts at 30 yards. Love the bow otherwise. It is lighter and has a better draw than most bows out now.
View attachment 7462692
that bow looks great!!!!

I actually just placed a ordered for a newer 2022 maverick xt to try I’ll keep y’all updated

Reactions: bloodtrail1

·
Registered
Darton Toxin 125ss with Black eagle 22" Zombie Slayer bolts. Right now Vertacle bow is target only
96 Posts
2022 REDISIGNED MAVERICK-XT

A MUST SHOOT!

Only a bow like this would be worthy of the Maverick name, once the Flagship of Darton’s Bow Line. The Redisigned Maverick-XT has quite a reputation to live up to, and we feel it is up to the task. Once you shoot the NEW Maverick-XT, we are sure you will agree. With its new cam design that features an adjustable draw module, and all the advantages of its predecessor, you will find this bow to be impressively fast, with no vibration after the shot. It will instill a feeling of confidence few bows can.

NEW FEATURES
• 7075 T 6511 Pre-stressed and Pre-stretched Riser
• 7075 T6 Cams
• 5/8 Diameter Bearings
• 1/4" Axles
• .790 Wide Limbs for stability
• .790 Limb Pockets
• BCY 452 Strings, Cables and Yokes

Specifications:
SPEED: 340-345 FPS | AXLE-TO-AXLE: 33” | BRACE HEIGHT: 6”
MASS WEIGHT: 4.7 LBS. | DRAW LENGTHS: 25”-30.5”
DRAW WEIGHTS: 40, 50, 60, 70 | LET-OFF: 85%

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2022 REDISIGNED MAVERICK-XT

A MUST SHOOT!

Only a bow like this would be worthy of the Maverick name, once the Flagship of Darton’s Bow Line. The Redisigned Maverick-XT has quite a reputation to live up to, and we feel it is up to the task. Once you shoot the NEW Maverick-XT, we are sure you will agree. With its new cam design that features an adjustable draw module, and all the advantages of its predecessor, you will find this bow to be impressively fast, with no vibration after the shot. It will instill a feeling of confidence few bows can.

NEW FEATURES
• 7075 T 6511 Pre-stressed and Pre-stretched Riser
• 7075 T6 Cams
• 5/8 Diameter Bearings
• 1/4" Axles
• .790 Wide Limbs for stability
• .790 Limb Pockets
• BCY 452 Strings, Cables and Yokes

Specifications:
SPEED: 340-345 FPS | AXLE-TO-AXLE: 33” | BRACE HEIGHT: 6”
MASS WEIGHT: 4.7 LBS. | DRAW LENGTHS: 25”-30.5”
DRAW WEIGHTS: 40, 50, 60, 70 | LET-OFF: 85%
Thanks for the spec. I liked them def oooking forward to shooting the maverick xt

·
Registered
636 Posts
Ease of tuning bow has gained in appeal in the past few years. Does the Maverick XT design allow for yoke tuning ? Or do you have to have a bow press and insert different size shims ?

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ease of tuning bow has gained in appeal in the past few years. Does the Maverick XT design allow for yoke tuning ? Or do you have to have a bow press and insert different size shims ?
Press the bow and adjust the shims but it’s rock solid after u get the tune perfect! Not worries about anything stretching or moving

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have been shooting the Maverick II for a few years now I cant imagine they made it even smoother!!!!!!

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been shooting the Maverick II for a few years now I cant imagine they made it even smoother!!!!!!
I shall know in the near future I’ll give my honest opinion I don’t sugar coat stuff lol

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keep my
Fingers crossed I might get my hands on the bow tomrorow

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NOOOOOOOOO lol it’s wrong poundage was looking for heavy 65 and it’s 60.5lb gonna send it back but dam this bow is beautiful

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Keep up posted. Not many objective reviews on this bow. Interested in how easily it bare shaft paper tunes.
I will def do that! Darton is taking care of the lower poundage which is nice to see awesome customer service!!

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Should have the bow all set Sunday night or Monday! Heavier limbs and some shims should do the trick

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just was holding the bow in my hand abs mannnnnnnnnn this new grip is money, perfect,t!ts,hoppin,butter etc lol thought I’d cover all catergoeies

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Interior design Wood Floor Building Art

Taking the back bar off and thinking about 6”

I wanna do some sort of low profile side bar to keep out of the way butttttt also like decent balance

1 - 20 of 30 Posts