Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
The ASYM cams were always different from each other. The Envision cams look slightly different from last years cams, but that could be just the picture angle.
Same cams as last year.

Reactions: nickam9

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Well this sure won’t dethrone the Mach 1.
Is this it for Elite?
Sadly I think this is it from what I've heard.

You never know, they could surprise us with a 35" model at ATA. I'm not even sure if Elite will be there though, a few big bow companies aren't going because of the mask mandate.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I haven't shot the Envision yet myself but a trusted source says it's the best feeling bow he's ever shot from Elite as far as draw cycle and noise/vibe on the shot goes.

He also said he wasn't impressed with the speed and it seemed slower than advertised.

I plan on putting some arrows through it in a few days. I will report back with some speeds when I do.

The specs look great to me besides the ATA. I'm a 33"-35" ATA guy myself, so I'm not all that interested. It would have to be something real special for me to go down to 31" ATA.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
I was able to shoot the Envision yesterday and I thought it was a really nice bow. I just wasn't blown away.

It's a very smooth shooting bow and I thought it was pretty quiet with very little vibe on the shot. The one I shot definitely did NOT feel like a tuning fork. Lol

The grip and balance are what stood out to me most, it's very well balanced and the grip is my favorite in the industry.

The 2 things that killed it for me were the string angle and the speed. The string angle feels like any other 31" ATA and the bow is closer to 322 fps than 332 fps from what I saw at 28" DL and 60#. I got 250fps with a 440gr arrow. The V3X got 260fps with same arrow and specs and my Enkore is at 267fps.

To be fair, this was a 70# bow backed down to 60#. My brother shot it at 70# and got similar results so it does seem to be around 10fps slower than advertised.

I'm not a speek freak but I like a bow that's close to advertised speed and I like my hunting bow to be at least 330 fps (adjusted, not actual speed) with my specs. This puts me around 260 fps actual speed.

If you like a 31" ATA bow and don't care about speed whatsoever it's a great choice.

I will be hanging on to my Enkore.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
Wood Font Art Space Metal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts