Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
And 4.45 lbs for a 31" bow. And you know that real world weight will be higher. Puts it in the same weight category as the Mathews bows.
You obviously haven’t weighed any main line bows from other manufacturers in the last five year.

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
The bow looks like a nice replacement for the Kure. I am an Elite guy and love the current bows they are building, including my Remedy.

That being said, the marketing for the release of this bow makes zero sense. I realize you can’t market it as “we made incremental changes so buy our new bow”, but all of the throw out the rule book blah blah blah. Seriously??

Come up with marketing that makes some sense to fit the release of this nice bow. Don’t act like you have reinvented the wheel here. It makes the release of what should be a very nice bow seem very underwhelming.

I don’t know what marketing people are thinking sometimes. Not the first time and surely not the last.
Hater 😂

Reactions: Perry24

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
I’ve really become interested in the Elite bow line in the last year or so. I purchased a few of the Ritual series bows in 33/35” options. Im very interested in this SET technology vs shimming. I would like to pose a question for anyone that may be able to answer. With the bow tuned for a RH shooter can anyone tell me how close the crossover cable is to the outer perimeter of the cam during the draw cycle?
Thanks in advance
At brace maybe an eighth, at draw maybe a 16th. I had trouble when I first got mine, tried to mirror the cams first. Used set to do that but then I couldn’t get it to tune without cable hitting the cam. Elite basically said don’t mirror cams first. Tuned fine once I started over w/out mirroring cams first.

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
Would you say, in your opinion, that SET technology is worth the purchase of a new or used bow that has that option. In my experience nearly every bow on the market that I set up for my self (with like accessories) shoot nearly the same. It would be very difficult for anyone to persuade me different reflecting on my scores and notes. I do think there is one thing different as of the last few years. From the box to tune. That’s it in my opinion. 3 designs I see that speed or make tuning possible for some; Darton Equalizer Cam, Elite SET, and Bowtech Deadlock.
Once most bows are tuned it’s the same song and dance. Vibration doesn’t bother me. That’s a millennial thing. I always liked a bow that exerted it’s energy forward opposed to a “dead in hand” which is subject to L,R,Up,Down or any other directions forces are applied.
Anyway….. lol , seriously intrigued by SET technology.
Initial set up is extremely quick and you don’t have to go back to the press to make adjustments. In reality it depends on what heads you use and purpose for the bow, as to wether it’s worth it or not. I typically use fixed broadheads so tuning for that is much easier. If you’re a target shooter or mechanical head hunter it’s not as big a deal. I say all that yet I’m hunting with my Evoke and EVL 32 this year which don’t have these new systems like my Enkore.

Bottom line is I wouldn’t base a purchase on one of these tuning systems. There are other things more important to me than ease of tuning.

Reactions: dnv23
1 - 5 of 5 Posts