Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
For all the hype, this is underwhelming. Oh well. Let’s see what Bowtech brings to the table.
Exactly what I thinking. Unless this bow is whisper quiet that is. The bow itself looks good, just wish it had more zazz to it. Just something more. I’m interested about those cams though, what kind of improvement it contains

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
On second thought, the speed ain’t so bad on paper. It’s faster than the Prime Inline 1, and about 6fps slower than the Mathews V3X 29”. The brace height is nearly 7”, which means better forgiveness?
The weight is average. I’m tired of people crying about weight. Shoot a trad if you’re scared of a few ounces.

My initial thought was to almost write off this bow but it’s still in the running. Prime…not so much, but Elite still is. Bowtech and Hoyt should bring what they have to the table next month.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The Inline 1 is only spec'd at 2 fps slower and it does have a 7" brace. The Inline 1 also actually weighs less than spec. We weighed it out of the box at 3.9 lbs. Don't write off the Prime unless you've shot it. Haven't shot this new Elite yet, but hope it's better in the vibration part than the Enkore and Kure. Both those bows felt like tuning forks after the shot.

And weight does play a difference for those who spot and stalk. Carrying around a heavy bow on 2+ mile hikes can be a pain, literally.
Prime doesn’t have SET technology. And what’s with every other bow being compared to a “tuning fork” lately? No review I’ve seen mentioned a bunch of vibration last year for the Enkore…so I’m not sure what’s going on this year where all of a sudden all last years bows became tuning forks?

If you can’t carry a bow for 2 miles, there’s anaerobic problems to be addressed. Not bow weight.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
That's a personal opinion of how they feel. Hadn't shot any Elites prior to this year. The shop has a Kure, an Enkore, a Basin and a Terrain. That's the only way I can describe the feeling. They vibrate in the hand for a full second or more, like holding a tuning fork. Even with adding a stabilizer to the Kure, that vibration was still there. Not as long, but there.

As for the hiking, ever hiked 2+ miles in Western mountain terrain? We aren't talking a nice flat walk in the woods. And that weight is added to the weight of the other gear needed. So when you get older, being able to reduce weight wherever possible is a plus.
Sounds like you need to adopt a workout routine. Or shoot one of them fancy Levitates.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Way over hyped. Major let down. Looks like a over priced Bear. I ll take my 6 year old obsession over what they are offering. I d be more inclined to use a Victory 37 or Rezult for hunting.
Who was over-hyping this bow? Over-marketed, definitely. But after the Terrain and Basin reliease I don't think anyone was expecting much. It's almost as if every Elite 2022 thread has had an undertone of making fun of Elite this year because of those two bows. It looks like a Kure with an integrated dampening system on the bottom. Is it a $1200 bow, probably not. Does it look like a Bear? Maybe if you squint real hard and cough at the same time.

All I know is the long-ATA people cry about every bow released that's not 35"ATA or greater....you see their complaints (that fall on deaf ears to the industry) in every single brand-specific forum, it's shamelessly predictable.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Elite overhyped it themselves. 100%. They literally added a dampener and wider limbs. Reminds me of Hoyt 5 or 6 years ago. So much marketing about changing the game. Yada yada. And reality is a big bunch of nothing.
That’s the thing, many weren’t feeling “hyped”. They made a small hype vid explaining something forgettable. When your hype vid is even underwhelming, there’s a problem…and that’s called poor marketing.

I really want to get excited about Elite, but I’m not there quite yet. Maybe this bow has the most amazing draw and is extremely silent? We’ll have to see.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
After seeing the Lancaster vid, I’m looking forward to shooting this bow (as well as the Enkore). I noticed PJ didn’t have the dampeners on his string stop…wonder what’s up with that?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Me too....all Elite dealers pulled out in my area (1.5 hour radius). No ATA Show presence means nothing there. Been asking for months and can't get a word out of Elite if they'd like to send me one for content and review. 🤷‍♂️
Did they pull out or just stop selling Elite? I worry with the lack of dealers that they may soon, in the next 10 years, be a brand on the chopping block.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
All the little photo leaks the use of the word stealth after PSE crushed it with the Mach 1. It's basically a Bear with set technology. It won't even come close to a old school Obsession for speed. It will be lucky to be as smooth and if a guy loaded up his Obsession with dampeners it will be just as quiet. Nothing cutting edge except the Set.
The more you post the more I realize how incoherent you are. You’re jumping from PSE to Bear to Obsession. You’re all over the place. Get it together man.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
My dealer dropped them last year for lack of sales ! I’m sure it’s a nice bow but it’s pretty much the same bow as last year !
I spoke too soon. It looks like my nearest shop has picked up Elite, or will be, because they’re on the dealer list. That’s good news to me!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
It feels like a tuning fork.
This quote is officially being added to my list of Things Only Stoopid People Say. Right behind, “If it’s brown it’s down.”

My bet is people who are saying this have never actually used a tuning fork, much less know what it is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts