Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
PSE EVO NXT / Xpedition mx16
272 Posts
Have they always had a 75 pound option or is this new? I am hoping bowtech follows suit as i think they are the only one left currently only offering bows with a max of 70 pounds.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thats because they just got their limbs to stop blowing up. Scared to go any higher on draw weight...
Maybe. You can't
Thats because they just got their limbs to stop blowing up. Scared to go any higher on draw weight...
I haven't heard anything about their limbs since the reign series which were great bows. Im still loving my evo nxt, the evl was tempting but not enough to buy new. I would like a bow with the tunability of the elites or bowtechs but its not a must, i have my own shop. Curious to see what pse and bowtech have in store. Lol, that would be sad and funny if you were right though.

·
Registered
272 Posts
They use to offer 80lb limbs on most of their bows. They stopped a few years ago & maxed at 70.

So glad to see them stepping it back up weight wise. I still haven't found anything smooth enough to replace my older 80lb Answer. That thing feels like its only set in the high 60's. If they bring back the 80s again with Set I'd be all about it.

Looking forward to hearing more about the new lines. I personally like the 31" for treestands.
Thats my thinking exactly. If pse adopted elite or bowtechs tuning capability they would've had the perfect bow in the evl. Looking forward to what everyone aside from mathews has to offer

·
Registered
272 Posts
It's going to be hard to get around those patents without licensing the intellectual property. I don't see any other way to do what Bowtech and Elite are doing, but then again I wasn't clever enough to come up with the idea to begin with so what do I know. I don't think any of the 3 of the big 5 without it (PSE, Hoyt, or Mathews) is going to want to pay Elite or Bowtech to use their tech because it is kind of an admission of lower level tech and would hurt their sales. A lot of folks would just go straight to Bowtech or Elite then. A better strategy for them in the short term is what is happening, which is to convince people that the Bowtech and Elite systems aren't need, aren't that big of a deal, or are somehow detrimental. If these companies don't have public relations staff that focus on tearing down their competitors in places like this, then they are being virtuous at the expense of lower profits.
Hang tight MR Powell and be amazed by bowtechs lineup😉😏
OH [email protected]#!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts