Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You obviously haven’t weighed any main line bows from other manufacturers in the last five year.
Actually I have. Work at a shop. The Bowtech Solution series all weight between 3.9 and 4.4 lbs. bare (real world weight). The new Prime Inline 1 actually weighs less than advertised at 4.1 lbs bare. The Mathews bows all weight between 4.4 and 4.8 lbs. The Darton Spectre E weighs 5.1 bare. The EnVision, even at advertised weight, puts it in the higher range for a 31" bow.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
On second thought, the speed ain’t so bad on paper. It’s faster than the Prime Inline 1, and about 6fps slower than the Mathews V3X 29”. The brace height is nearly 7”, which means better forgiveness?
The weight is average. I’m tired of people crying about weight. Shoot a trad if you’re scared of a few ounces.

My initial thought was to almost write off this bow but it’s still in the running. Prime…not so much, but Elite still is. Bowtech and Hoyt should bring what they have to the table next month.

The Inline 1 is only spec'd at 2 fps slower and it does have a 7" brace. The Inline 1 also actually weighs less than spec. We weighed it out of the box at 3.9 lbs. Don't write off the Prime unless you've shot it. Haven't shot this new Elite yet, but hope it's better in the vibration part than the Enkore and Kure. Both those bows felt like tuning forks after the shot.

And weight does play a difference for those who spot and stalk. Carrying around a heavy bow on 12+ mile hikes can be a pain, literally.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Prime doesn’t have SET technology. And what’s with every other bow being compared to a “tuning fork” lately? No review I’ve seen mentioned a bunch of vibration last year for the Enkore…so I’m not sure what’s going on this year where all of a sudden all last years bows became tuning forks?

If you can’t carry a bow for 2 miles, there’s anaerobic problems to be addressed. Not bow weight.
That's a personal opinion of how they feel. Hadn't shot any Elites prior to this year. The shop has a Kure, an Enkore, a Basin and a Terrain. That's the only way I can describe the feeling. They vibrate in the hand for a full second or more, like holding a tuning fork. Even with adding a stabilizer to the Kure, that vibration was still there. Not as long, but there.

As for the hiking, ever hiked 2+ miles in Western mountain terrain? We aren't talking a nice flat walk in the woods. And that weight is added to the weight of the other gear needed. So when you get older, being able to reduce weight wherever possible is a plus.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Was the Kure tuned? Mine does not act as you are describing at all.
All we do is check timing and string stop prior to going on the shelf. All bows are this way. Out of the box, quick check of timing, check string stop and all screws. The Elites are the only ones to have that much vibration (close second are the price-point Xpeditions) , other than the entry level Bear and Diamond bows.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Sadly I think this is it from what I've heard.

You never know, they could surprise us with a 35" model at ATA. I'm not even sure if Elite will be there though, a few big bow companies aren't going because of the mask mandate.
There are no mask mandates for ATA. They aren't going because they don't need to. The big vendors were looking to have to spend six figures to have a booth. After no ATA last year and record sales, it makes little sense for manufacturers to spend that time and money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts