Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks real nice and I hope they have a longer one. Anyone know the specs?
Also very interested. The EnKore looks like a great bow, but I don't think I'd like that 30" ata. Hopefully this is a little longer.

Edit - Don't know why I was thinking the EnKore was 30". Must have had it confused with something else. It's 33"

·
Registered
26 Posts
As for the hiking, ever hiked 2+ miles in Western mountain terrain? We aren't talking a nice flat walk in the woods. And that weight is added to the weight of the other gear needed. So when you get older, being able to reduce weight wherever possible is a plus.
Spent a week scouting / hunting southeast NM at around 8,500ft elevation. Put about 25 miles on the boots and I was really riding the struggle bus towards the end. That was a lot for a flat lander who lives at about 500ft elevation :ROFLMAO:

Was lugging around a muzzle loader rig that was around 12lbs. A bow might be a lot nicer. Just wish I could use my walking sticks like I was when scouting. They make a lot of difference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know guys that I hunt with that would more than likely buy an elite bow, but the option to shoot one prior to buying one is not there, therefor they choose another bow that they were able to shoot at that shop.
Probably the same thing for Bear. There are two local Bear dealers that I located on their "Locate A Dealer" and while they are "Dealers" they don't carry a single Bear bow in the shop. They'll order one for me, but don't even have a demo in their shop.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I haven’t shot the Envision yet but I feel like Elite and Prime have similar marketing challenges.

Elite has probably the most customizable platform out:
1. Adjustable roller guard
2. 1/4” DL mod adjustments
3. Easily adjustable letoff
4. Performance vs Comfort Mods
5. Allen wrench cam horizontal adjustments without press
6. Solid factory grip
7. Limb stops or cable stops

Some brands have some of these features, but no one else I can think of has all of them. The 1/4” is unique to them also. For those who really want to get custom fit, it’s tough to beat their whole package.
One thing I'm very intrigued about with the EnVision is the 75lbs max DW. I really have no interest in 80s, but 75 is somewhat tempting eventually.

Oh, and Gig 'Em (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts