Archery Talk Forum banner
181 - 200 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know guys that I hunt with that would more than likely buy an elite bow, but the option to shoot one prior to buying one is not there, therefor they choose another bow that they were able to shoot at that shop.
Probably the same thing for Bear. There are two local Bear dealers that I located on their "Locate A Dealer" and while they are "Dealers" they don't carry a single Bear bow in the shop. They'll order one for me, but don't even have a demo in their shop.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Probably the same thing for Bear. There are two local Bear dealers that I located on their "Locate A Dealer" and while they are "Dealers" they don't carry a single Bear bow in the shop. They'll order one for me, but don't even have a demo in their shop.
Yea that's exactly how it is, they are listed online as a dealer but refuse to stock the bow. I took the gamble last year and bought the Remedy sight unseen and turns out to be my favorite bow I've ever shot and cant see me changing anytime soon, just wish I had a shop to go to to try out new offerings so I know when there is something new worth buying.

·
Blue Marlin
3,263 Posts
I'm at a place that doesn't feel like there is a need to go out and shoot every bow.
Pick one and shoot it... Hit a target a few hundred times and muscle memory will kick in.
All the new bows are good.

Or, go into a shop and have what you are used to shooting be your base for what a new bow should feel like... and you'll miss out on what could be a solid killer.

Figure out what brace and length bow you like and buy a bow that fits your specs.

·
Sultan of Smack
6,178 Posts
Another example of why their marketing needs some work lol. But it looks like a fun bow to shoot. They said the riser makes up “almost 90%” of the ATA, which would be about 27-28 inches. Wonder how this compares to a Mathews V3 31 riser. Anyone know the length of that?
Not sure on the V3 31, but the V3X 29, the riser is 27.75” long.

SCFox

·
Archery Addict
9,359 Posts
I'm willing to give the new Elite a tryout! I went to buy an Enkore this week but my local dealer was sold out. He had the two new Elites the Terrain and the Basin along with a couple of Remedy's. Hopefully he has the Envision when I get a chance to drop by later this week. The shop carries Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite, and Obsession...I've tried most everything in stock and haven't found anything I really don't like and could shoot about anything. The Enkore was my favorite, too bad they didn't have one in stock when I was ready to buy! OH well, maybe it will work out.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Not sure on the V3 31, but the V3X 29, the riser is 27.75” long.

SCFox
I roughly compared the V3X 29 riser length to my Traverse, and they looked the same length. If the new Elite has the same riser length as the Traverse, or close, that would feel like a pretty stable bow for a 31" ATA.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
And 4.45 lbs for a 31" bow. And you know that real world weight will be higher. Puts it in the same weight category as the Mathews bows.
[/QUOT
The most consistent thing on here is the Bear hate. The Elite looks sharp imo. I bet it shoots nice. Personally havent seen a bad release from any manufacturer so far and yes that includes Bear.
I might buy a bear this year....

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I asked because if a major company has a release date, why is an individual on a forum “ releaseing “ it for them? I think if I was Elite and found sights like this, I would cut ties with shops or folks that did things like this. That’s like a husband and wife going to a doctor and the family is awaiting the gender reveal at a planned expensive parity of family and friends and the day before the doctor posts a pic of the ultrasound on their Facebook page. I think it’s a little egotistical and wanting to be a glory hog honestly, not forgetting how completely disrespectful it is. No respect at all.
Lol....cool your jets!!! Elite sends them the bows to be stocked a day before and you're belly aching.....good grief!!! Calm down...you'll live a longer happier life!!!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
My local shops don't carry many Elites and the ones they have are typically 70# which I can't shoot. And I kind of want to stick with Elite because I like them first and foremost, but I have Elite accessories and don't want to buy different ones for another manufacturer. I suppose I could part out the Elite stuff. But I just really like Elites so I'll probably buy another one eventually.

Reactions: IClark

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I really really like the look and specs of this bow. Granted I like a little longer ata but this looks like a killer hunting bow. I have got to find one to shoot. So far Elite interests me more than anyone else.

·
Miller Time
2,669 Posts
Although a little bit disappointed that this is the only release, the changes they did make seem, at first glance, to be in the right direction. This however does make me excited for their ‘23 release. A longer riser Enkore, shut your face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dnv23

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wonder what the setup has to be to get the 334?

75lb limbs with speed mod and a 30in dl?
What’s is up with people and this speed…lol just shoot the lightest arrow your bow can handle and a 100grain head just like everyone did back in 08 when speed was all the talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

181 - 200 of 254 Posts