Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
The speed and brace height are fine. Elite is one of the most honest when it comes to speed, but that 31 ATA has me out.
As I said, the terrain has better “hunting specs” IMO. That also includes the ATA lol. Not nocking these specs at all. Just overall, the terrain has better overall specs

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You obviously haven’t weighed any main line bows from other manufacturers in the last five year.
Actually I have. Work at a shop. The Bowtech Solution series all weight between 3.9 and 4.4 lbs. bare (real world weight). The new Prime Inline 1 actually weighs less than advertised at 4.1 lbs bare. The Mathews bows all weight between 4.4 and 4.8 lbs. The Darton Spectre E weighs 5.1 bare. The EnVision, even at advertised weight, puts it in the higher range for a 31" bow.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
For all the hype, this is underwhelming. Oh well. Let’s see what Bowtech brings to the table.
Exactly what I thinking. Unless this bow is whisper quiet that is. The bow itself looks good, just wish it had more zazz to it. Just something more. I’m interested about those cams though, what kind of improvement it contains

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
On second thought, the speed ain’t so bad on paper. It’s faster than the Prime Inline 1, and about 6fps slower than the Mathews V3X 29”. The brace height is nearly 7”, which means better forgiveness?
The weight is average. I’m tired of people crying about weight. Shoot a trad if you’re scared of a few ounces.

My initial thought was to almost write off this bow but it’s still in the running. Prime…not so much, but Elite still is. Bowtech and Hoyt should bring what they have to the table next month.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
On second thought, the speed ain’t so bad on paper. It’s faster than the Prime Inline 1, and about 6fps slower than the Mathews V3X 29”. The brace height is nearly 7”, which means better forgiveness?
The weight is average. I’m tired of people crying about weight. Shoot a trad if you’re scared of a few ounces.

My initial thought was to almost write off this bow but it’s still in the running. Prime…not so much, but Elite still is. Bowtech and Hoyt should bring what they have to the table next month.

The Inline 1 is only spec'd at 2 fps slower and it does have a 7" brace. The Inline 1 also actually weighs less than spec. We weighed it out of the box at 3.9 lbs. Don't write off the Prime unless you've shot it. Haven't shot this new Elite yet, but hope it's better in the vibration part than the Enkore and Kure. Both those bows felt like tuning forks after the shot.

And weight does play a difference for those who spot and stalk. Carrying around a heavy bow on 12+ mile hikes can be a pain, literally.

·
#teamPSE
Elite bows, Victory arrows, Axcel sights, Hamskea rests, Magnus broadheads
5,649 Posts
Have they always had a 75 pound option or is this new? I am hoping bowtech follows suit as i think they are the only one left currently only offering bows with a max of 70 pounds.
Thats because they just got their limbs to stop blowing up. Scared to go any higher on draw weight...

·
#teamPSE
Elite bows, Victory arrows, Axcel sights, Hamskea rests, Magnus broadheads
5,649 Posts
The ASYM cams were always different from each other. The Envision cams look slightly different from last years cams, but that could be just the picture angle.
I would almost bet money these are the same cams as the Kure and last year's models.

21 - 40 of 255 Posts