Archery Talk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The Inline 1 is only spec'd at 2 fps slower and it does have a 7" brace. The Inline 1 also actually weighs less than spec. We weighed it out of the box at 3.9 lbs. Don't write off the Prime unless you've shot it. Haven't shot this new Elite yet, but hope it's better in the vibration part than the Enkore and Kure. Both those bows felt like tuning forks after the shot.

And weight does play a difference for those who spot and stalk. Carrying around a heavy bow on 2+ mile hikes can be a pain, literally.
Prime doesn’t have SET technology. And what’s with every other bow being compared to a “tuning fork” lately? No review I’ve seen mentioned a bunch of vibration last year for the Enkore…so I’m not sure what’s going on this year where all of a sudden all last years bows became tuning forks?

If you can’t carry a bow for 2 miles, there’s anaerobic problems to be addressed. Not bow weight.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Prime doesn’t have SET technology. And what’s with every other bow being compared to a “tuning fork” lately? No review I’ve seen mentioned a bunch of vibration last year for the Enkore…so I’m not sure what’s going on this year where all of a sudden all last years bows became tuning forks?

If you can’t carry a bow for 2 miles, there’s anaerobic problems to be addressed. Not bow weight.
That's a personal opinion of how they feel. Hadn't shot any Elites prior to this year. The shop has a Kure, an Enkore, a Basin and a Terrain. That's the only way I can describe the feeling. They vibrate in the hand for a full second or more, like holding a tuning fork. Even with adding a stabilizer to the Kure, that vibration was still there. Not as long, but there.

As for the hiking, ever hiked 2+ miles in Western mountain terrain? We aren't talking a nice flat walk in the woods. And that weight is added to the weight of the other gear needed. So when you get older, being able to reduce weight wherever possible is a plus.

·
#teamPSE
Elite bows, Victory arrows, Axcel sights, Hamskea rests, Magnus broadheads
5,649 Posts
That's a personal opinion of how they feel. Hadn't shot any Elites prior to this year. The shop has a Kure, an Enkore, a Basin and a Terrain. That's the only way I can describe the feeling. They vibrate in the hand for a full second or more, like holding a tuning fork. Even with adding a stabilizer to the Kure, that vibration was still there. Not as long, but there.
Was the Kure tuned? Mine does not act as you are describing at all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
As for the hiking, ever hiked 2+ miles in Western mountain terrain? We aren't talking a nice flat walk in the woods. And that weight is added to the weight of the other gear needed. So when you get older, being able to reduce weight wherever possible is a plus.
Spent a week scouting / hunting southeast NM at around 8,500ft elevation. Put about 25 miles on the boots and I was really riding the struggle bus towards the end. That was a lot for a flat lander who lives at about 500ft elevation :ROFLMAO:

Was lugging around a muzzle loader rig that was around 12lbs. A bow might be a lot nicer. Just wish I could use my walking sticks like I was when scouting. They make a lot of difference.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

Sounds like you need to adopt a workout routine. Or shoot one of them fancy Levitates.

·
Registered
PSE EVO NXT / Xpedition mx16
272 Posts
Thats because they just got their limbs to stop blowing up. Scared to go any higher on draw weight...
Maybe. You can't
Thats because they just got their limbs to stop blowing up. Scared to go any higher on draw weight...
I haven't heard anything about their limbs since the reign series which were great bows. Im still loving my evo nxt, the evl was tempting but not enough to buy new. I would like a bow with the tunability of the elites or bowtechs but its not a must, i have my own shop. Curious to see what pse and bowtech have in store. Lol, that would be sad and funny if you were right though.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Was the Kure tuned? Mine does not act as you are describing at all.
All we do is check timing and string stop prior to going on the shelf. All bows are this way. Out of the box, quick check of timing, check string stop and all screws. The Elites are the only ones to have that much vibration (close second are the price-point Xpeditions) , other than the entry level Bear and Diamond bows.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Have they always had a 75 pound option or is this new? I am hoping bowtech follows suit as i think they are the only one left currently only offering bows with a max of 70 pounds.
They use to offer 80lb limbs on most of their bows. They stopped a few years ago & maxed at 70.

So glad to see them stepping it back up weight wise. I still haven't found anything smooth enough to replace my older 80lb Answer. That thing feels like its only set in the high 60's. If they bring back the 80s again with Set I'd be all about it.

Looking forward to hearing more about the new lines. I personally like the 31" for treestands.

41 - 60 of 255 Posts