Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Good stuff man!

I enjoyed my first trip out there. Hopefully get drawn again this year, if not, then I’ll be back the next!

Can’t really shed hunt effectively in Florida. So hunting leads straight into fishing. And a lot of time spent with the family to make up for my hunting season absence. We live on a creek that leads to the river and near the coast. Lots of boating, sandbars, and beach days. Late summer I draw for gators and try to kill a couple before deer hunting comes back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
562 Posts
Anyone seeing shed bucks yet? I haven’t seen one. Last year I had a few deer start in December including a really big 8 pointer. He is still holding now. I have been wondering if the same deer shed around the same time each year.

I was pretty shocked but the majority of my deer shed their velvet on the same day the last two years.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Nice, love some specks! We get them pretty good in the creek I live on, starting next month they’ll start getting good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Waiting forever for a tacoma trail I ordered months ago for my hunting vehicle. Hope I can afford it in this ever increasing economy when it finally gets here.

·
Colorblind blood trailer
2,585 Posts
When not doing stuff with my kids my two main hobbies are playing music with Sunset Sinners and riding motorcycles. And I have no idea how I didn't put this together before but thread author Jerm is music celebrity in Kansas and the region! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When not doing stuff with my kids my two main hobbies are playing music with Sunset Sinners and riding motorcycles. And I have no idea how I didn't put this together before but thread author Jerm is music celebrity in Kansas and the region! :)

Dang man...been seeing and enjoying your posts for years and never put it together either...so we share more interests than just hunting!!
Thanks for the kind words...krazy the places live music can take a man...Yep we get around in the music industry...we did 112 total shows in 2021...and a bunch of the plans for 2022. :)
And let me say it again Sunset Sinners ROCK!!:cool:

·
In constant pursuit of...
8,521 Posts
Im in...
In Deming NM, 1 night in a Holiday Inn, tomorrow will be moving to a wall tent, base camp. Invited to help spot for a couple bowhunters, the Florida Mountains, for the Persian species of Ibex.
They say its the toughest hunt in North America.. from what ive seen.. i can believe it. Theres about 3200ft of rock here. Hope to be packing one out in a few days.
The snakes wont be out, but the place is full of Cougars.
Ecoregion Map Screenshot Font Soil

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im in...
In Deming NM, 1 night in a Holiday Inn, tomorrow will be moving to a wall tent, base camp. Invited to help spot for a couple bowhunters, the Florida Mountains, for the Persian species of Ibex.
They say its the toughest hunt in North America.. from what ive seen.. i can believe it. Theres about 3200ft of rock here. Hope to be packing one out in a few days.
The snakes wont be out, but the place is full of Cougars.
View attachment 7545153

Thats kool man! Be safe!

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
In for all of the pictures you care to post zmax. I like seeing other parts of the country.

Had a new one show up on the last day of buck season. I don't know if he'll stick around for the winter or go back to his home range, Maybe the wheat will be some influence. He's already got me excited for next fall.

That’s a beaut Clark!!

·
In constant pursuit of...
8,521 Posts
Watched numerous animals run across the center of this pic..r to l..
Im about 700y south of our base camp, gained 400ft in elevation. Spotting

Sky Mountain Bedrock Terrain Landscape

1 - 20 of 487 Posts