Archery Talk Forum banner

2022 Michigan bowhunting thread

8082 118
I haven't seen one for the mitten yet, so it was about time to get one started. I'm not traveling outside MI this fall for hunting, so it will be a home-grown season. My good friend in the SW area near the IN border has some good bucks on trail cam all summer and reported he is still seeing them. A bit over one week to go and I am gettting stoked.

Fall turkey opened a week ago and I hope to finally get out in the woods later this afternoon.

Post up your trail cam pix, stand photos and of course success pix from hunting in Michigan....
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

· Registered
Solution/Insanity CPX/HHA Tetra//Hexx 260, Carter Too Simple
1,211 Posts
Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape Grass

Purple Organism Mesh Terrestrial plant Magenta

Water Purple Grey Wood Sky

Purple Wood Plant Road surface Paint

Mid Michigan guy here. My AG this year is corn and small section of sugar beats which is now been picked. So the early buck pictures are limited. Hopefully a few start moving in.... However, my cell cams are on the fritz so I'm not getting 75% of normal. Here's a couple up n comers

Atmosphere Water Black-and-white Rectangle Natural landscape

· Premium Member
302 Posts
I get a ton of great pics from my camera each year on state land, I will post some after I put it up this weekend. I am sure I will see something good right off the bat.

I know I am late to the game, but better late than never! In fact here is a tasty big buck pic from last year to get the forum revved up!:LOL:

· Registered
30,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How I spent the late afternoon and early evening. Fall turkey season opened 9-15 and today was my first time out. I saw four big hens and 15+ poults with them, but no shot opportunities. I saw two does on a powerline on the drive in as well. A big doe and four smaller ones ran across the road on the drive home. Quite a chill in the air this evening.....supposed to dip into the upper 30's.
Plant Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel

· Premium Member
10,169 Posts
I get a ton of great pics from my camera each year on state land, I will post some after I put it up this weekend. I am sure I will see something good right off the bat.

I know I am late to the game, but better late than never! In fact here is a tasty big buck pic from last year to get the forum revved up!:LOL:
I would think leaving cameras on state land would risky.

· Registered
30,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would think leaving cameras on state land would risky.
I agree. I've had trail cams on our small tract of private since we bought it in 2019 and only had one messed with by some jerk turning it off. Since then I've put Python locks on the cell cams and the one closest to the neighbor's property. But public land is almost an invitation to have your gear stolen......stands, sticks, blinds or cams.....thieves are not picky and love the opportunity.

· Registered
Mathews VXR 28, SH, Hamskea trinity
680 Posts
Heading to Long range Archery in Holland after work to drop off my vxr due to a splintered limb. Hope it isn’t to long of a wait but if so I purchased a back up bow yesterday off a member here that should be here Monday. Temp was 38 this morning God I love this time of year!!!!!!!! Good luck to us Michiganders

· King of the lefties®
2,726 Posts
Cameras have been very slow this year. Lots of corn planted around me for the first time since I've owned the property. Thinking the deer are hanging out in the corn.

Going up this weekend to pull cards and check on my food plots. Going to try to get some shooting in this weekend also, I haven't been able to shoot much because I screwed my shoulder up. Might have to use the X-bow more than I want to this year

· Registered
2022 PSE Stinger, 2006 PSE Bruin
176 Posts
I agree. I've had trail cams on our small tract of private since we bought it in 2019 and only had one messed with by some jerk turning it off. Since then I've put Python locks on the cell cams and the one closest to the neighbor's property. But public land is almost an invitation to have your gear stolen......stands, sticks, blinds or cams.....thieves are not picky and love the opportunity.
I have a number of stands stolen on public land. Now I just use my Summit Viper.

· Registered
30,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I went out yesterday to check three trail cams I have out on a local municipal area and only found two. They all had Python locks, so I am hoping I just missed it. Even with OnX pins, they are often in a slightly different place than you recall.....especially when you have several out in various locations. I sure hope I haven't lost my first cam......😕

1 - 20 of 119 Posts