Archery Talk Forum banner

2022 Ohio Rut Update Board

143445 1814
As in years past guys, this is the place for info and discussion concerning the upcoming Ohio Whitetail Rut

Sent from my T790W using Tapatalk
Reactions: MRey
1321 - 1340 of 1815 Posts

· Beer Whisperer
12,132 Posts
Off to a tree with bow in hand. GL everyone and please be safe.
Good luck!

I’ll be out but have the 350L. I’ve been frustrated enough this season. Looks kinda breezy.

Reactions: hdrking2003

· "Shock n Awe"
5,180 Posts
I'm heading out but still undecided if I'm carrying the bow or the 350. I'm doe hunting so probably will sit with the bow this morning.
Good luck everyone and be safe!

· Mathews shooter
940 Posts
Couldn’t make up my mind for a second this morning ended up with the 450 just because I know they will be running once all the neighbors start so if my target buck comes by I want my chance at him before the neighbor

Reactions: RH1 and pbuck

· USAF Retired
4,016 Posts
Was in the woods at 6:15.
Had 2 deer wanting to walk down the same hill I was walking up!
Saw 2 more in the woods on my way to the log I'm sitting on.
Left the PSE in the truck and brought the 12 gauge. Only had one shooter in bow range this year, and she went home with me. Figured I needed to extend my range a little.
I've heard maybe 18 shots so far. Less than normal.

Stay safe.

· Beer Whisperer
12,132 Posts
A doe and her yearling so far. They were several hundred yards away. Nothing with them. I’m in my stand now. Haven’t heard too many shots

· "Shock n Awe"
5,180 Posts
I'm in the tree with the bow and of course all 5 does I've seen so far out of range.
I had a beautiful 10pt and a small buck chasing a doe all through the thicket a little bit ago

· Beer Whisperer
12,132 Posts
UPS truck just went by.

Not quite what I had in mind when I thought “if it’s brown, it’s down”. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

· Registered
210 Posts
EHD has devastated northern muskingum county. Seen more deer inside of a Walmart than here. Not a single deer sighted all weekend or this morning. No shots in the distance this am. ODNR needs to make some changes.

Today is the first day of gun isnt it?

· Registered
3,148 Posts
I wouldn’t expect many changes. The EHD was really localized for some reason. I lost about 3/4 of the deer here. Buddies 10 miles away didn’t lose any or even hear of anyone around them losing any. Seems like most areas weren’t affected, but those that were lost the majority of the deer. They may drop the antlerless tags a little, but it’ll also be up to the hunters to know what their specific location can handle. We don’t have much pressure where I am so they should bounce back in a year or two.

1321 - 1340 of 1815 Posts