Archery Talk Forum banner
1341 - 1360 of 1815 Posts

· Beer Whisperer
12,132 Posts
I’m not sure what I’ve done to piss off the hunting gods but it must have been bad.

Congrats to your daughter iclark

· "Shock n Awe"
5,180 Posts
I saw 4 bucks today and 5 does. 1 was a beautiful 10pt in easy rifle range chasing a doe around in the green briar.
I spent the day bow hunting for a doe but none were in range

· Mathews shooter
940 Posts
Very few shots today but had plenty of doe spike and fork horns in range till just at dark had a ole boy slip in about 75 yards from me while I was trying to get a look at him through my moisture cover lenses with not much light my brother starts yelling for me from the back porch he does that often when it’s getting dark and I haven’t shown up or yelled back I caught at the barn getting in the sxs to come find me I guess that’s brotherly love lol

· Beer Whisperer
12,132 Posts
I only saw the 2 at daylight. That’s it. Not many shots around me. Maybe 20 and that was with a few 5-6 shot volleys.

· Registered
3,222 Posts
My how a year can make a difference.. last year shot my buck at 945 opening gun morning. 26th deer I saw. Land owner sat in that same area this morning saw 0.

I saw a few. Hunting with the 10mm is alot like bow hunting. Minimal shots heard on the Holmes coshocton border.

· Beer Whisperer
12,132 Posts
I know I sound like a broken record but my season sucks. Lol I can’t catch a break.

Got a pic of a buck on the trail I walk to my stand on @7:00 I watched the pasture where the trail comes out but he disappeared. Never saw him. So I sneak on in and get to my tree, get my gun unloaded and tied up, hook my tether up and just as I’m about to climb up a buck jumps up on a flat about 60 yards below me. Of course my gun is unloaded and tied with my pull rope and I’m tethered to the safety line.

I’m flying to Billings early Friday so with the weather tomorrow this is my probably my last day to hunt. Just one of those years.

· Beer Whisperer
12,132 Posts
Lol! Now my even my phone is throwing shade at me.

This pic popped up on my memories for today. 11/29 was opening day last year.

1341 - 1360 of 1815 Posts