Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let’s start this up. Any leaks on what Pse is going to release in 2022? I would like to see the Mach 1 get a little faster! What’s everyone else thinking ?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Let’s start this up. Any leaks on what Pse is going to release in 2022? I would like to see the Mach 1 get a little faster! What’s everyone else thinking ?
A little faster? Lol at one point in time mine was faster than my Xpedite NXT with same arrow, 356-357 grains total (my 3d Superdrive 23 arrows), measured draw is an 1/8th" different @ 29.5" (longer on the Xpedite) and the same 66# draw weight Xpedite-324 fps Mach 1-327 fps. I have since put on T.A.P ti cable guard and string stops on both, and haven't shot the Mach 1 with those arrows since turning it up to full weight at 71.4# for hunting. Mach 1's, at least last years, ain't slow lol.

Reactions: 168p&y

·
Registered
358 Posts
John Dudley posted a picture this week on Instagram of him and a bull elk he killed. The bow was blurred out in the photo but was tagged with PSE archery.

I'll happily start the rumor it's the longer ATA mach 1. Makes sense as Dudley carrying it for miles in the mountains hunting elk would be a great proving ground / marketing opportunity for it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I hope they address the finish issue I've seen on some of the solid color bows. I think PSE will be my next bow and I like my stuff to age well.

·
Gold Supporting Archer
10,371 Posts
John Dudley posted a picture this week on Instagram of him and a bull elk he killed. The bow was blurred out in the photo but was tagged with PSE archery.

I'll happily start the rumor it's the longer ATA mach 1. Makes sense as Dudley carrying it for miles in the mountains hunting elk would be a great proving ground / marketing opportunity for it.

I don't think Dudley is doing anything with carbon, but I could be wrong ? Pig Man seems to have the carbon line for PSE ?

As spoken above, I am really a Hoyt guy, but am shooting a EVL 32. I for sure would like to see more speed out of these binary cams. The Hybrids just seem to be a bit faster, possibly because 1 cam is smaller and turns faster ? I'd like to see a 6 inch brace hitting 355 IBO,350 would be ok even. It's been done before with a binary so we know it's possible. Don't want anything sub 32 axle. None of that Mathews nonsense,,,,PLEASE !

We gotta remember, this year, is a full on new ownership. Might be interesting to the changes coming. I'm going to hold onto my old bow, because none of these buy outs ever produced better bows in my lifetime,only cost cutting for profits.

So i'm a bit leery. Hoping for the best,and would buy a new PSE instead of a Hoyt again this year. I'm not opposed to PSE, I shot them from the 90's to around 2011.

·
Registered
667 Posts

"Proving ground"? Whoa whoa whoa this is PSE we are talking about, not Mathews. Lol

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Pure speculation but Dudley will not have his own carbon bow. Maybe a carbon bow with his paint and string colors like now.
Wish list.
Longer riser Mach 1 34”-35” ata with se cams and a 6 1/4”ish brace at 3.8lbs. No pbts and if I’m really picky a better finish than my 2021 Mach 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would like to see a better finish, and litter more speed on the Mach 1, could you imagine if it had full throttle cams on it? However I will be holding on to my three Mach 1’s until I see what’s coming lol

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Why would you want that crappy unshootable cam on a sweet drawing carbon bow. Take a noisy cam put it on a hollow riser. That's not going to go well.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I don't think Dudley is doing anything with carbon, but I could be wrong ? Pig Man seems to have the carbon line for PSE ?

As spoken above, I am really a Hoyt guy, but am shooting a EVL 32. I for sure would like to see more speed out of these binary cams. The Hybrids just seem to be a bit faster, possibly because 1 cam is smaller and turns faster ? I'd like to see a 6 inch brace hitting 355 IBO,350 would be ok even. It's been done before with a binary so we know it's possible. Don't want anything sub 32 axle. None of that Mathews nonsense,,,,PLEASE !

We gotta remember, this year, is a full on new ownership. Might be interesting to the changes coming. I'm going to hold onto my old bow, because none of these buy outs ever produced better bows in my lifetime,only cost cutting for profits.

So i'm a bit leery. Hoping for the best,and would buy a new PSE instead of a Hoyt again this year. I'm not opposed to PSE, I shot them from the 90's to around 2011.
Uhhhh, lots wrong here. There is no new ownership of PSE. They hired a marketing firm to represent them versus individual sales people. This is incredibly common in the manufacturing/retail sector.

There is a knock on version of the Mach one Dudley does do carbon.

My guess would be a longer carbon and a longer EVL series. The Perform X will go out and may or may not be replaced until 2023.

·
Team #9
8,908 Posts
I have the perfect custom hunting bow and two back up hunting bows ..my target bow is
very old ..so I will be looking to see what they come out with in the target bows for 2022

·
Gold Supporting Archer
10,371 Posts
Uhhhh, lots wrong here. There is no new ownership of PSE. They hired a marketing firm to represent them versus individual sales people. This is incredibly common in the manufacturing/retail sector.

There is a knock on version of the Mach one Dudley does do carbon.

My guess would be a longer carbon and a longer EVL series. The Perform X will go out and may or may not be replaced until 2023.

I am wrong on Pete selling out. I thought I recall hearing that. Didn't stop me from ordering a 32 EVL.

We all know Dudley has a carbon Nock On. Have you or anyone seen him doing much with it ? I have not actually, nor have I seen him building many of them for his crew of friends. Not that that matters, I just don't think Dudley does carbon well, and he didn't do it so well with Hoyt either. Not that it matters if Dudley does or doesn't. IMHO Dudley is just searching for the next gimmick gadget to produce sales,,,,like sewing a quiver into your pants and charging $200,or the kick stand,and so many other things he's seized upon. Hats off to him, but thats what he is after, and he says it too. He wants archers to be more covered with what they want to make things better. Nothing wrong with improving on the status quo. So as far as the carbon, he isn't going to do the bow over, he only wants a niche to improve life using the bow.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts