Archery Talk Forum banner

2023 BOWTECH RECKONING 36 and 39 GEN2 [Official thread]

36428 Views 349 Replies 72 Participants Last post by  Doug_7832
Here we can discus. First reviews are online.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5,187 Posts
They all are coming in very close to listed speed even on Podiums chrono!
Sounds awesome. Maybe in 5 years the price will be down where I want to buy one. :LOL:

I may need to scoop up a old Reckoning 35 in the meantime.

· Registered
5,187 Posts
Fair enough... I wasn't sure what folks leaned towards in regards to ATA on bows for outdoor i.e. shorter bows could be less surface area for wind to grab (possibly less stability?)… I certainly know you could use what ever bow size you want in any application really and I get that is all personal preference... I would just be curious to hear opinions on here as that 39G2 looks just awesome on paper! I'm super pumped to get something longer in my hands as I think that is just more stability and with my DL of 30 3/8", the string angle will be just a lot more comfortable!
The other consideration is known vs unknown distance 3D. For unknown I would lean more towards a faster bow.

Reactions: co_golfer28

· Registered
5,187 Posts
That new 36 does look impressive, and seems to be making good speed. Deadlock, timing adjustment without a press, three different cam sizes for different draw lengths, camo and solid color options, and it weighs the same as the new 30" carbon One :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
5,187 Posts
If they put that cam tunability on a 32-34" hunting bow they will sell a boat load.
Yep. Put that on the SS34 riser with a little faster cam (or offer the three cam sizes like the Reckoning Gen 2).

· Registered
5,187 Posts
You just missed two in the hunting section. There's a couple 38 in target section
I'm casually keeping an eye out. Not in a big rush with hunting season being the priority for the next few months. I don't have any interest in a 38.

Reactions: ShootingABN!

· Registered
5,187 Posts
I have 3 of them, and have been fighting the urge to order a 36. The 35's are awesome, and now that they are setup for me, I really have trouble seeing the advantage of the 36. Although I'm sure I'll make the transition eventually. The problem is that if I like the 36, then I'd have to get at least 1 more.

As for the 38. I really like mine, but it really isn't fast enough for 3d in my situation. I can make it hit 300fps, but I get real limited to arrow setups. It is a great indoor bow though.
I love my SR6 for hunting but have been toying with the idea of a hybrid hunting/3d type of bow and the faster speed and smaller ATA of the 35 makes more sense for what I'd build. I just have a hard time bringing myself to buy another bow when my SR6 shoots so well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts