Archery Talk Forum banner

2023 BOWTECH RECKONING 36 and 39 GEN2 [Official thread]

38484 Views 355 Replies 73 Participants Last post by  johnsontj981
Here we can discus. First reviews are online.

Here we can discus. First reviews are online.

See more
221 - 240 of 356 Posts

· Registered
Elite Rezult 36
424 Posts
That event took place the beginning of October, at least a month before the Reckoning Gen 2 was introduced. Thus, of course Paige was not shooting the new unreleased bow at that time. Take a look at the Pan Am video and you will see that she is shooting a blue Reckoning 36 Gen 2.
Ok didn't realize it was that long ago as it just came onto my subscriptions a couple days ago. Do you have a link to the Pan am games?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

· Registered
Gillo GT barebow; Bowtech Reckoning 36 Gen 2
77 Posts
Ok didn't realize it was that long ago as it just came onto my subscriptions a couple days ago. Do you have a link to the Pan am games?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Paige's solo competition starts around 1:08. Earlier you can see her win bronze with Jimmy Lutz in the team competition.

Full results available at the world archery site, but it is very difficult to navigate.

· Registered
522 Posts
I have a question on the rotating Modul. I might be just stupid but i really don’t get it.
Here is my setup:
DL 28.5“
50lbs max draw weight
Letoff 60% (I’m experimenting with more holding weight since i would like to add more weights in general)
In this setup the valley is super short and would like to add more valley without changing holding weight.
How do I do that. I have read the old reckoning manual but it doesnt clue me up.
Could somebody explain?
View attachment 7746765
ijb is correct that you can not change the valley without also changing the holding weight. More holding weight automatically means shorter valley and less holding weight automatically means a larger valley. Comfort setting at the same holding weight as performance appears to have a larger valley than performance.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
Bow finaly arived. But, I am confused. Stops are at 28.5, which is my draw length, and modules are at 28.5. So how much letoff I setup? If I rotate modules to 27, I will increase vally, and decrease holding weight, am I correct?

Sleeve Audio equipment Peripheral Steering wheel Wire

Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle hub Bicycle Automotive tire

· Registered
77 Posts

· Registered
372 Posts
Bow finaly arived. But, I am confused. Stops are at 28.5, which is my draw length, and modules are at 28.5. So how much letoff I setup? If I rotate modules to 27, I will increase vally, and decrease holding weight, am I correct?

Yes
Think if module and stops are set the same and you move stop towards the longer draw length you’re deeper into the valley.
So in your scenario your module being 27 (1st consideration) your stop is 28.5 so lots of letoff likely to much I would think.

· Registered
372 Posts
2nd pic module setting at 28.5 note the gap left red mark.
now 1st pic if gap is increased it moves module towards 27” alignment hole.

Hope that came out right.

Peripheral Audio equipment Steering wheel Electrical wiring Gadget

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle Bicycle hub Automotive tire

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 · (Edited)
RECKONING GEN2 39 is in the house.

I have some shoulder issues that I am still solving. I hope in the next month or two I will be fine. So I will not force myself too much. I did some basic settings, to feel the bow. It is dead in hand, the best one I tried so far. It is jumping forward like Trx 40 I had, to be more precise it is almost not jumping forward at all, with no vibration in the hand. Compared to Citation 36 SE, and Hoyt Invicta, it is smothered to draw, less juping, and damn it is quiet. 39 Gen2 just felt right. The adjustable grip angle is a great Bowtech upgrade, plus module rotation for the let-off is amazing tech, so easy to set up. I am making my own stabs, so this is the next step before I start shooting intensively...

One picture, and big thanks to Santa for the gift before NJ. :)

:)
Christmas tree Wood Interior design Art Plant

· Registered
371 Posts
I received my 36 med cam today. I was surprised at how quiet it was. Very little hand shock and maybe half a second of very light vibration. The Timelock adjustment is very sensitive. There are about 10 or more windage marks on the Timelock post. I rotated the Timelock screw a full rotation and it only moved one windage mark. It's fantastic. I'm going to start playing with the letoff tomorrow. Bowtech doesn't advertise it well but the letoff is technically adjustable in 1% increments.

· Registered
77 Posts
There are 2 recent facebook video posts discussing set up for the Reckoning Gen 2. First, Paige Pearce announced that she has finally figured out why she was having problems keeping the bow steady at full draw. She claims that the Gen 2 with its standard string stops creates a back wall that is too firm for her. As a result, as she increases her back tension in her shot cycle, it pulls the bow sufficiently to cause her sight picture to move around. Here is a link to her video with her solution: I made some big progress on the Reckoning Gen 2, so I wanted to share with you guys what made a difference for me! Bowtech INC. | By Paige Pearce | Facebook

Second, Bowtech has posted a video explaining how to use and adjust the Deadlock cam system: DeadLock tuning is so easy. | DeadLock Cam System Just move the cams left or right on the axles with a turn of a screw to position all the energy directly behind the arrow. Then lock... | By Bowtech INC. | Facebook

Enjoy

221 - 240 of 356 Posts