Archery Talk Forum banner

2023 BOWTECH RECKONING 36 and 39 GEN2 [Official thread]

38446 Views 355 Replies 73 Participants Last post by  johnsontj981
Here we can discus. First reviews are online.

21 - 40 of 356 Posts

· Registered
5,276 Posts
If they put that cam tunability on a 32-34" hunting bow they will sell a boat load.
Yep. Put that on the SS34 riser with a little faster cam (or offer the three cam sizes like the Reckoning Gen 2).

· Registered
1,921 Posts
I'm a little confused about the sliding mod. I watched PJ's video but still don't quite get it.

He said you can slide the mod to adjust the letoff. So this also can micro adjust your draw length, right? But in the picture above, it looks like the draw stop is set at different draw lengths at set locations on the cam?

· Registered
1,162 Posts
I'm a little confused about the sliding mod. I watched PJ's video but still don't quite get it.

He said you can slide the mod to adjust the letoff. So this also can micro adjust your draw length, right? But in the picture above, it looks like the draw stop is set at different draw lengths at set locations on the cam?
No. Draw length is set with the draw stop and the module is used to adjust the let-off. Same concept at pushing the pin out of the module of the previous reckoning models.

· Registered
111 Posts
Bows look sweet. I'll be sticking with my Reckoning 35 but not because I don't want a 36 or 39. I like the timing feature. I've already made the mod on my Reckoning to a sliding mod to adjust letoff but it will be easier on the new bows. I LOVE the looks of the adjustable grip angle. That is something that I wish was easier to play with on the Reckoning 35.

The older Recks have a sliding draw stop but the new are "pegged" in holes. I liked the sliding stop where draw length could be micro-tuned to any length. Did anyone catch the draw length increments?

· Registered
1,921 Posts
Bows look sweet. I'll be sticking with my Reckoning 35 but not because I don't want a 36 or 39. I like the timing feature. I've already made the mod on my Reckoning to a sliding mod to adjust letoff but it will be easier on the new bows. I LOVE the looks of the adjustable grip angle. That is something that I wish was easier to play with on the Reckoning 35.

The older Recks have a sliding draw stop but the new are "pegged" in holes. I liked the sliding stop where draw length could be micro-tuned to any length. Did anyone catch the draw length increments?
On the pictures of the cams, it looks like the draw stop pegs are in 1/2" increments.

· Registered
372 Posts
Fantastic bows, but a real shame they’re 1/2” DL adjustments not 1/4. Riser styling is a little funky, but the tech looks good and speed much improved. really solid effort from Bowtech.
I believe with the micro adjustment on the cables you likely will be able to get 1/4 or 1/8 DL adjustment. I’m talking true DL as on a draw board not just what a cam shows.

· Registered
12,615 Posts
I am sure lucky stops will make stops for it and then you can get it perfect, adjust valley draw length etc.
Some he currently makes may be compatible.

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Sure, but it would have been 'nicer' if the mods had 1/4" increments, meaning subsequent string and cable adjustments are smaller and run less risk of a bunched up string, or one with too few twists. I always end up micro-adjusting strings and cables on every bow I own to get DL and feel how I want it, but if I landed right between half inch mods that would be quite a lot of work to get right. Thankfully, on my 1/2" adjustable bows, I have always ended up quite a lot closer to one than the other, but I know one day I will land right in the middle! Luckily, I have landed perfectly on a mod with my Stratos with the standard grip and doubt I will change a thing (first time ever), but with my Mathews I tend to shorten the DL about 1/8". I would not want to do 1/4" and would probably end up with a custom string to get the twist rate to something more sensible.

I believe with the micro adjustment on the cables you likely will be able to get 1/4 or 1/8 DL adjustment. I’m talking true DL as on a draw board not just what a cam shows.

21 - 40 of 356 Posts