Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready for the upcoming deer hunting season and I've been shooting 30 arrows a night at 2 1/2 inch circles from 20 yards. Im at about 22/30 inside or touching the circles. How does that match up to everyone else in accuracy? I have my bow tuned well, im just wondering if i need alot or a little more work on my accuracy
thanks,
DD

·
Registered
350 Posts
Depends on where the other 8 go!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
You might want to number each arrow your shooting and look for some that are fliers. This maybe causing some of your outs. Or try turning your nocks a weebit and see if that helps the ones that are fliers. If it doesn't leave the bad ones at home for practice

·
Sign me Up
1,760 Posts
venisonman said:
Depends on where the other 8 go!
Now, I don't care who you are, "That's Funny" :thumbs_up

·
Registered
254 Posts
Dbl brop, any deer is dead with that group!

Some on here will say, "you got a long way to go buddy"
There are some great shooters around here.

You just worry about holding groups like that and that is all. Keep your shoulder in shape and your bow safe.

And number those arrows as Curs1 said. Flyers happen no matter who is the arrow builder!
Adk

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
The real trick is trying to maintain that level of accuracy when a 14pt whitetail is giving your a slight quartering away shot at 20yds.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Go run around your house once or twice, pick up your bow and then take a shot. That is about the closest I have been able to come to simulating buck fever.

You look like an idiot doing it, but it really teaches you to control your breathing.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Great one. I run up and down my stairs to a landing that I shoot from several times.
Then I give myself 5 seconds to get the shot off. Anything past that and the "make believe" deer is gone!

The things we do. Only if we were on camera half of the time.
I'd be institutionalized!

Adk

·
Registered
952 Posts
Just make sure your first arrow is in there . That is the only arrow that counts when hunting . Practice shooting and pulling one arrow at a time at different angles and unknown distances for realistic hunting practice .

·
32,710 Posts
22 out of 30 is not bad at that distance. I think your good enough right now to not be concerned about accuracy. Now step back to 30 and see what happens.

·
Registered
825 Posts
arrows

The question should be,Where does the first arrow go.That's the only one your going to get at a time.If your first arrow is on the mark every time, then I would say,your OK.By that I mean,when I start a practice session.The first arrow is the one that counts.The rest is just practice,and for strength,and consistency.JMOand .02

Larry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts