Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing my wifes indoor setup from carbons to alum's.
I felt like 2213's would be a good pick for her until looking at the Easton charts that show them to be way light.
Please let me know what you think and thanks for the info.

Two cam bow ( med to hard cam ) @ 48 pounds
DL is 28.250
Arrow length @ 29"
100 Gr. tips
4" feathers
fingers & tab

·
Registered
747 Posts
I felt like 2213's would be a good pick for her until looking at the Easton charts that show them to be way light.

DL is 28.250
Arrow length @ 29"
100 Gr. tips
4" feathers
fingers & tab
Honestly, I don't think you will have a problem. My dad and I got them to tune with broadheads, field points, and nibbs out of a 65# Mathews Ovation as well as a #65 PSE Mach 5x. Same arrow length and 29" DL.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
2213 will work just fine out of that set up. My son is shooting 29in out of 50lbs indoors and they fly great with a 4 in feather.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

You have a lot of options because you are going to shoot 20 yards only. You can go down to 40# draw weight and/or go light on the point or max out draw weight and/or go to a really heavy point weight (up to 200 gr.). I would give the low draw weight/point weight the hardest look. I would fletch them with full size blazers. You should have no problems finding a combination that will work with this shaft. I gotta ask, finger shooting? Why do you say way light? Light spine?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

IBBW,
I did not think they would be too light but when I checked the Archers Avd. chart the 2213's showed very light for her setup.
In years past before carbons took over the 2213 alum. was on of the GO TO sizes for a lot of target shooters both release and fingers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I used OnTarget and Easton's Target Arrow Selection Chart to find the best match for my set-up. With the chart, I just found my poundage and read across. I chose not to use any variables affecting the set-up. Shooting 55#'s, 31" arrow, round wheels, 125 gr tip. 460 spine flies like a dream. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts

DL is 28.250
Arrow length @ 29"
100 Gr. tips
4" feathers
fingers & tab
My X8 is set @50#s , 28"DL shooting 2213s - 100 grn tips - 4 " feathers, they group and tune really good , have worked very well for me the last 3 or so yrs that I have shot them , thats my 20 yd indoor set up , outdoors using a 400 spine carbon @ 58#s

never did the software thing , just went off Easton charts , set em up & been happy with em ever since :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts