Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a lot of 35 2216s and i shoot a 50# long bow @28 inches many people tell me that this will be too heavy for my bow?? is this true the arows will be cut at about 29 inches what do you think thanks

·
Registered
20,538 Posts
hydro -

I have a friend in the same situation. He got about 3 doz 2216s (free) and shoots a #50 bow. He has a 27" draw and left the arrows full lenght (a little shy of 33"). Not great, but useable. Would I do it? Nope.

2216's spine to about #70-75.

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hydra, as an example, 2016s with a heavy tip (125 or more) would spine properly with that bow.

It still can be done but why carry the extra weight?

·
2nd Amend. Don't lose it
21,772 Posts
Hello Hydrasport,

just bought a lot of 35 2216s and i shoot a 50# long bow @28 inches many people tell me that this will be too heavy for my bow?? is this true the arows will be cut at about 29 inches what do you think thanks
Ok, here is the deal....

1. You are way over spined, thus, you will be shooting to the left (if you are right handed).
2. Your release will be MUCH MORE critical. (meaning unless your release is very good, your arrows will tend to be splattering horizontally.
3. If you shoot off the shelf, you will not be able to do a lot of good tuning with these arrows. (SO DON'T CUT THEM!!!!) You need them long. Cutting them will ruin them.
4. If possible, use a "rest" instead of a shelf. Better yet, use a Berger button and a spring rest. (for maximum tuning)... Also use a LIGHT SPRING in the berger button.
5. Increase your brace height about 1 inch or so.
6. Move your string silencers closer to the tips of your bow.
7. Nock placement is critical.

Now, if you don't like any of the above, Sell the arrows to someone like me for dirt cheap price, so I can use them <g>

Dwayne

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'd take Dwayne up on his offer. Sell them and get the proper spine, if possible. Yea, you can make them work, but they'll never be as good as they could be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts