Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going back to aluminims for hunting this 2010 season.i know these must hold up very well so if you shoot them tell me how tuff they are.and how long you have been shooting the same arrows.....

·
Arrow-minded Conservative
3,273 Posts
I switched from carbons to 2117s last summer, used them all season (not that they've been out of my quiver...), and plan to use them next season as well.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
2317s are all I used from about 1984-1991 for hunting.

Make sure you keep high enough broadhead weight on them and they're great.:)

·
Registered
359 Posts
2315s luv-em tuff and carry the energy well been shooting them for ever except for two years i shot carbon

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
2216s for me & they shoot through everything. Caribou, Elk, Bears, Buffalo to name a few of the bigger animals. tipped with a 3 Blade Rocky Mountain.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
i was also thinkin of makingthe switch to 2413's in stead aof carbons...just miss the big ol logs in my quiver and the nock down power

·
Registered
618 Posts
I still shoot aluminums off of my finger bows. Just something about those fatties that I love. Maybe its the 578 Grains of Whoop... my 2512's haul downrange...

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,335 Posts
Well, if all we had to choose from was aluminum, the 2317's are what I'd be using. Of course they'd only be about 69gr heavier than what I'm currently using.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
If my old arss could still pull 80lbs I would still be fling 2317's. Deer, elk and bear do not like this arrow size. It's a bone crusher, not the best for expandables but fixed blade work awsome.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Used to use 2413's.
I tought only "traditional" shooters used aluminum now a days

:)

·
Hangin and Bangin
386 Posts
Moose what lb are you shooting I shoot 70lbs with a g5 125 gr striker on a 29 in 2315 and have the best flight out to 40yrds they shoot flatout to +25yrds you will need to find the right combo for those 2317 heavy walled arrow takes longer to recover after the release,good to see you coming back to alum.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Moose what lb are you shooting I shoot 70lbs with a g5 125 gr striker on a 29 in 2315 and have the best flight out to 40yrds they shoot flatout to +25yrds you will need to find the right combo for those 2317 heavy walled arrow takes longer to recover after the release,good to see you coming back to alum.
pope 30 inch arrow, 32 inch draw at 69 lbs 100 grn slick trick and razyrs on the back,i have 2514s but i wanted something thats thicker walled.the easton chart says both these arrows will work....

·
Registered
250 Posts
When I was shooting over 70#'s that is what I used, loved 'em. I like the big ole logs, they flew great out to 60 yds for practice with broadheads.

I'm shooting 2315's XX75 now with some 78's.
Aluminum it's not just for cans.

Moose you ought to love 'em they are a great shaft.

Happy Holidays and Be Safe.

Steamin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts