Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just started looking for an ILF target rig and am looking for a 25-27" riser on the "affordable" end of the scale. I'm tall and have a draw in the 30.5-31" range so in the end will want a bow approaching 70" total.

These 4 risers are all in the running and seem decent quality. Does any one of them stand out? Which one gives the most for the money?

Thanks in advance.

KAYA K3 25" Recurve Riser
Hoyt Horizon 25" Recurve Riser
W&W SF Forged Plus 25" Recurve Riser
Hoyt Formula Excel 25" Recurve Riser

·
Registered
974 Posts
if I am not wrong, the Hoyt Formula isn't ILF
i'm looking at the same bows myself, and if you shoot RH, look at the Gillo G2 (makes me drool all over)
I am most likely getting a used Hoyt Horizon

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yes formula is a Hoyt specific design different from ILF. I'm a very loyal Hoyt fan and I do believe they make the best risers so that's what I recommend. Also, dealing with a us based company is easy vs impossible with an Asian company if problems arise. That being said, I do think the sf products are a very good value for your dollar

·
Registered
201 Posts
My hubby recently upgraded to a forged plus from a PSE ilf, and loves it. My son bought the rapido , carbon fiber riser just a tad more expensive but not bad, and loves that one. The qc is very very good, and the risers seem very well designed. Comfortable, stacks well and stable shooting. No complaints. I would buy either again for them, I'm sticking with compound. :rolleyes:

·
>>--------->
1,465 Posts
Look for a used ILF gear in the FITA classified on AT.
W&W/SF has excellent gear. Hoyt's stuff is typically overpriced IMO. Stay away from formula unless you want to shoot Hoyt's limbs exclusively (over priced limbs). The formula limb attachment system offers little to nothing over ILF. With your long draw, you may favor a riser that is more deflexed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts