Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put up a killer set in a small acorn flat located in between two ponds and bordered by beans and corn. Now I'm dying to hunt it, but I don't want to jump the gun because I know it can produce all season long. I need a west wind and right now there is plenty of that 25mph with gusts exceeding would you go or wait for better conditions? THANKS

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
i'd hunt just be sure to have the harness on and try to position yourself so you can shoot sitting down you will be more steady that way

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
probably not, but i know how anxiety can get the best of you. how's the tree? is it a big sucker? the bigger it is the less swaying you're gonna do.

it's hard to shoot a moving target, but conversely, it's just as hard if you're moving.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Go! If you find its to wind simply hunt from the ground.. Good luck..

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it got a spot for every wind condition. This is just the only place I haven't been yet.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have been thinking about this all day. I think I'm gonna sit in a ground blind tonight. Tomorrow should be awesome. Supposed to be calm winds and a high of only 60.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been thinking about this all day. I think I'm gonna sit in a ground blind tonight. Tomorrow should be awesome. Supposed to be calm winds and a high of only 60.
Sounds good, thanks. So you know what the wind direction will be tomorrow?

·
XX78 User
4,953 Posts
Go tomorrow. I think wind will be NW and not quite as gusty; I think they will move good in the morning after all this wind. I'll be hunting Morgan county in the morning :)

·
Banned
1,490 Posts
25 mph winds usually don't sway my hunting, but with the direction it's coming out of today, I am stuck at home. direction all wrong for both of my setups. good thing is, its only the second day of season, 4 am will come soon enough tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm hunting regardless, I'll be thinking about leaving an an hour. Have about five places I can go with this wind. The stand mentioned above is strapped on the bare minimum 9 inch oak. Still torn, I know tomorrow will be better. I really need to hunt it in the evening and mark a path with trail tacks or something before trying a morning venture, kinda hard to get to. I know a heck of a decision to have to make lol

·
XX78 User
4,953 Posts
Hey, atleast you have your west dominant wind :darkbeer:

Good Luck Man!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I'm trying to decide if I want to hunt tonight too, its pretty windy here. I haven't been out yet, so i think im gonna try it. Good luck if you do go!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, atleast you have your west dominant wind :darkbeer:

Good Luck Man!
Thanks, that calm NW tomorrow you mentioned sounds good too. I think it's kinda WSW now so I may hold off.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Climber.....big tree only. Chain on.......not likely. Ladder....you bet, as long as it is 17' or less.

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
the swaying puts me to sleep, I enjoy it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts