Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked some up to try and if I can shoot them halkf decent. Im gonna make some up with 5:" feathers and some up with FF 3 inch shields and see what happens.

Shooting 55 pounds and 28" draw. Im looking for opinions on a length to start. Im thinking of 30" and seeing how they fly. Any thoughts? Oh yeah i have the 300 grain nibbs as well

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
K well ive got them cut to 30"....Have a few made up ith hard left offset and 3 3" Flex Fletch Shields. A few with 3 5" feathers with a slight left offset, and finally a few made up with 4 3" Flex Flex shields done up 75x105*.

Any thoughts? 300 grain nibbs are in.

·
Registered
223 Posts
How do they fly?let me know I am also thinking about getting some,thanks,John

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
I am running 300 grain nibbs in 30" 2712s with 50lbs and 28" draw and they are tearing the heck out of the spots... I am really happy with my setup...

... They are REAL slow. 690 grain total.

JIM

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you guys starting with nock height?

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Start it square of the Berger hole, and tweek it as needed... What rest are you using?

JIM

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Start it square of the Berger hole, and tweek it as needed... What rest are you using?

JIM
Shooting a brite site pro tuner. Will be putting the heavy blade on there.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1/4" heavy tuner blade is perfect. So far outta the arrows ive fletched up...The heavy offset with 3 3" FF Shield cuts fly the best. The 4 fletch are ok but not as clean and are catching the rest and my face at full draw.

The feathers have a bitm of contact with the riser but no ill effects downrange.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
K new update....Setting up 3 inch FF SHIELD cuts to clear the rest with no contact verified with the old fashioned powder test they fly iffy. Setting them up cock fletch at 12 to intentionally contact the rest and the fly and shoot great beating the crap outta the baby 10. The 4 fletch setup is flying just okj but nothing to get excited about. Arrows done up with 5" feather almost straight after a small tweak are flying AWESOME. They are clearing everything. They leave the bow straight and drop in like bombs. The seem to be the most forgiving so far. Tonight ill be making some up with 4" feathers and some more helical and will report back with results.

So far the brite site large tuner blade with no backing plate and setup with no real angle is working flawlessly.

If i had to choose as is i believe the 5" feathers will be riding to Hartford with me. We'll see how the 4's do. I plan to shoot a few games with each over the next 2 weeks and then settle on one.

Again these arrows are 30" long with 300 grains up front. Using the easton Super 3d nock with great resutls thus far.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Just shot my personal best for the year with my 2712's I made up yesterday...been shooting 30" 325 gr propoints for the past few months and I was having trouble getting consistant spot count with them....been averageing 49 to 51 x's...may be due to my age....just made a new doz yesterday...full lentgh 300 gr easton points...added another .012 launcher... .024 total... went from 56lb to 59lb...couldnt believe how good they shot....if I hadnt got the gitters the second from the last end when I realized I was only down 3 x's I'd a had it made...ended up with 300 56x dropped 2 on the 2nd to last end and cleaned the last end...and of the 56x's 49 were inside out...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts