Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how long are yall arrows? I have 28inch and 27inch but the 28 shoot better. Just curouis what everyone else shot.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I shoot 29 in. draw my arrows are 28.5 the longer arrow will shoot better because it is more forgiving and easier to tune . shootem longer you will likem better

Good luck

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
??

Mine are a tad under 27". Why/how does the length affect forgiveness? I thought proper spine and indexing the knocks according to spine deflection were 2 most important factors? Just curious.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Hunter4Ever said:
Mine are a tad under 27". Why/how does the length affect forgiveness? I thought proper spine and indexing the knocks according to spine deflection were 2 most important factors? Just curious.
That's what I thought too. Mine are 27.5" from the end of the shaft to the nock groove.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
why dont you guys buy "arm stretchers" so you can be like the rest of us 30" DL "Normal" people :banplease

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
my arrows

are 28 3/4" long, only so my BH clear my riser though. other wise i'd have them down to 28 - 28 1/4

speed

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
Mine are 27.75 to the ends of the nock fingers. At full draw they"re about 1/4"" in front of the Bisquit.
Check your draw length...you are drawing closer to 30" if your statement is correct.

All my arrows are different length. My X-Jammer indoor arrows are 28" and sit 1/2" in front of my Pro-Tuner blade. My outdoor arrows are 28 1/4" because that's the length they group the best. My hunting arrows are 29 1/4" because I have a phobia about drawing a broadhead across my fingers and I want them out front of the riser.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
i must be even dumber than i thought .how does one shoot an arrow shorter than their draw length ?my draw is draw 30 inch and shoot 30 3/4 inch arrow .

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
big cypress said:
i must be even dumber than i thought .how does one shoot an arrow shorter than their draw length ?my draw is draw 30 inch and shoot 30 3/4 inch arrow .

Because most draw their arrow past the front of the riser.

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
28"

Or 26" with my overdraw :)

·
8......is not.....shutup!
1,021 Posts
Hunter4Ever said:
Arrow length only effect forgiveness through changing the arrows spine measurement, point weight being the same - longer arrow have greater deflection. length being the same - heavier points have greater deflection.

long story short - arrow length doesnt matter - arrow spine matters!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts