Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month ago on another thread this subject was touched upon. The vast majority of us will never need a second arrow, or have the opportunity to use it for a follow up shot. but it does happen. Many leave their quiver on their bow for this reason but it still takes a fair amount of movement to complete the action.

I was just getting a few things ready for the season, so I thought I'd share these. For a few cents and a little time, you might save yourself a lifetime of heart ache by being prepared. The little arrow clip is in with a small sheet metal screw and I two on this stand. One for if I'm sitting, and one a bit further back for if I'm standing.

The "S" shaped bracket is great for knowing that you can quickly and quietly access you bow. This one was made from an "X" brace found on metal shelving and dipped in liquid rubber-mold. The bow holder gets used every outing, the arrow holder - never, but if I need it, it's there.

Road surface Wood Asphalt Grey Flooring
Road surface Wood Asphalt Grey Flooring
Wood Water Gas Grass Automotive tire
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle chain Bicycle fork Wood
Plant Tree Woody plant Pole Wheel
Wood Water Gas Grass Automotive tire
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle chain Bicycle fork Wood

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I always hang my quiver in the tree so I can grab an arrow pretty quickly if I need a 2nd arrow.

Last year I hit a doe in the spine on the first arrow. That was the first time I have ever had to do that. Now there has been a few deer over the 30+ years of hunting where I missed the first arrow and was able to get off a 2nd arrow.

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
6,738 Posts
since that is a left handed bow you do have the arrow on the correct side.
quiver on the bow, with the closest arrow in the quiver, you keep everything in line with the bow when removing and nocking it. The one on the stand you have to reach over, and depending on what direction you are facing will depend on how much you have to reach,

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I keep a fixed head in my quiver for this purpose. It stays in the same position in case it’s need in a pinch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quiver on the bow, with the closest arrow in the quiver, you keep everything in line with the bow when removing and nocking it. The one on the stand you have to reach over, and depending on what direction you are facing will depend on how much you have to reach,
Yes, I shoot left handed. My bow is to my right and my staged arrow is to my left. If I'm standing I have the arrow in the clip almost up to the BH. There's no bending over. I'd grab the top end where the fletching is. In the pic I don't have the arrow placed as high as I normally would because I wanted to fit the fletching into the pic. I suppose it really comes down simply to what you prefer. I do believe that there is more movement with removing an arrow from the quiver on the bow. Hanging the quiver from whatever, there is a lot of movement as well as time involved.

With the arrow towards the front, the one thing that I can't do is swing my legs to the left, but I don't think that I ever had the situation where I needed to.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I see where you're going with this. The arrows in the pic with the bow in the background, the arrow is not nocked to the string. It's attached to the clip on my stand and the nock just happens to line up with the string.

·
The Impartial Archer
24,372 Posts
I think if your bow is quiet you get more than you think. Granted I have been bowhunting a long time but I have used a 2nd arrow many time over the years.

·
The Impartial Archer
24,372 Posts
Maybe I better explain..........lol. Follow up shots, spine shots, shooting another deer that didn't leave, and of course a missed shot.....i even drew on a buck once and let down and the arrow came off the string and almost hit the buck........lol....it was right under the tree.

I got another arrow nocked while the buck bounded off about 10 yards but he never gave me another shot....walked straight away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts