Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so im thinking im going to switch from 3 blazers to 4 shield cut 2.25 vanes for hunting to reduce noise and keep or improve stability for BH's. I tried the bohning heat vanes and they didn't fly great with 4 of them compared to 3 blazers. Has anyone made the switch from 3 blazers to the 2.25 shields?

·
Hunter of many things
11,992 Posts
There are other variables that come into play when you compare to someone else's set up. A couple being; what broad head, and how is your bow tuned. Dont only rely on your vanes to fix all arrow flight and broad head planing issues. What your doing by going from 3 blazers to 4- 2.25" vanes is adding surface area to hopefully help steer better. More vanes wont reduce noise either, again its more surface area cutting the wind.

Let start by understanding how you tuned your bow and what heads are you shooting?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are other variables that come into play when you compare to someone else's set up. A couple being; what broad head, and how is your bow tuned. Dont only rely on your vanes to fix all arrow flight and broad head planing issues. What your doing by going from 3 blazers to 4- 2.25" vanes is adding surface area to hopefully help steer better. More vanes wont reduce noise either, again its more surface area cutting the wind.

Let start by understanding how you tuned your bow and what heads are you shooting?
I agree with all except that more surface area does not mean more noise. Noise comes more from the material and stiffness than surface area.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Seems to me that in the last year or so a guy on here did that comparison. The other fletch was AAE Stealth. he said his AAE groups fell apart at long range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts