Archery Talk Forum banner

3-D Shoots

649 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  NMAC
This year I'am wanting to get in to 3-D with my dad. I was just wondering what the regulations are, and about how far are the shots for adults and Youth.
Thanks,
Alex​
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Shootin and Cussin
27,290 Posts
If you are just getting started, don't worry to much about the rules. There are sooooo many different rule sets around you may never figure them out. Shot distances can be from a very few feet out to 60 yards or, in some rare cases, further.

Go to a local shoot and talk to the folks at the registration desk and HAVE FUN!!!

· Registered
230 Posts
Do a Google search for ASA archery rules, be warned it is long, you will prob. want to shoot in open "C" class or hunter class.. biggest thing is arrow speed, must be or less then 280fps

· Registered
269 Posts
Most local shoots will use ASA or IBO rules, and they might slightly alter them. For the most part, take your hunting rig, shoot "Hunter Class" or the equivalent, ask the person at the desk about their rules, and have fun. Or, just write "for fun" on your scorecard and don't worry about the rules. Max distance for hunter class will probably be around 40 yards. Youth, depending on age group, will be around 20 or 30 yards. It's a lot of fun and is addictive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.