Archery Talk Forum banner

3-D targets?

731 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  sj_lutz
Im looking for a 3-D target and i'm wondering if it matters if i just go with one of the cheaper ones to start out with or if the more expensive ones really are better quality. Will i have to replace the inserts of the cheaper ones more often? I guess I'm asking if 3-d targets are a product where you really "get what you pay for" ..

Any suggestions?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,056 Posts
3D targets really are what you pay for ! I would go to Rinehart targets for the longevity and easy pull they last for a long time!

· Registered
9 Posts
My new 3-D target

They are out of stock right now, but I just got a Glen Del Orig Buck that was suppose to be blemished for a great deal on the Sportsmansguide website. $107.97 after club discount. I don't see a single blemish on it and I can order replacement vitals if I want. I'll try to add a pic. If it works you might notice that today at 20 yds I did a Robin Hood arrow shot. One inside the other.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=458686

Attachments

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So does the actual target itself really matter if I'm going to have replacement vitals anyway?

for instance.. if theres a buck for $107, and another for $170 and they both take $20 replacement vitals. Is the cheaper one going to fall apart in a month? Do they not stand up as well to weather conditions?

· Registered
4,056 Posts
yes it does matter because of the effects of the weather and shooting, The rinehart targets cores last 3 times longer then any other on the market! next would be the Mckenzie targets, and delta would be last on the list for longevity or with standing weather!

· Registered
45 Posts
Archery Target

I'd try the R & W Targets. They last longer than any other target on the market right now. Their cost is reasonable. I use them for my personal shooting and our club has a whole range of them along with some of the other company targets. The R & W have long outlasted the others and they look so realistic. I don't think you will go wrong with them.

Im looking for a 3-D target and i'm wondering if it matters if i just go with one of the cheaper ones to start out with or if the more expensive ones really are better quality. Will i have to replace the inserts of the cheaper ones more often? I guess I'm asking if 3-d targets are a product where you really "get what you pay for" ..

Any suggestions?

· Registered
206 Posts
i have a glen del full rut buck i have had it since june and just about a two weeks ago i put a new vital in it it has 4 sided shooting i realy like it. but i have deltas and mckenzies in my yard. my yard looks like a big peting zoo the glen del is what i sight in my broadheads with and that is what lasted the longest

· Registered
6,441 Posts
I'd try the R & W Targets. They last longer than any other target on the market right now. Their cost is reasonable. I use them for my personal shooting and our club has a whole range of them along with some of the other company targets. The R & W have long outlasted the others and they look so realistic. I don't think you will go wrong with them.
I think the scoring rings on the R&W's leave a bit to be desired. They also tend to look blobish (imho) even at 20 yards. They do seem to hold up pretty well tho.

I've got a Cabelas turkey in the back yard, not a super target, but I feel I've got my money's worth out of it. It took a pretty decent pounding back in the spring, with field tips and broadheads, still looks decent, and it stops whatever I throw at it. Pretty sure it will need to be retired before the end of next years turkey season tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.