Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, right now I shoot a SCOTT Mongoose caliper release and have had great luck with it....But years ago I shot a 3 finger HotShot style release & loved it.....What would be a good release of that style to use for bowhunting???? Maybe something from TruBall or another good company....I dont want anything that's a back tension for hunting but I do want something that is nice & works great with a D-Loop......Any suggestions, web sites, pictures???? Any for sale????

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I hunt with a Carter Fits Me. All the carter thumb trigger releases are awesome. I use BT all the time, even when hunting. After you practice enough, you will realize that you can shoot very fast with BT. You just accelerate the tension more quickly, and you still get a clean surprise release. I can get the shot off in 1-2 seconds, and that is plenty fast. The Carter does have a trigger, so I could force it if necessary, but I don't think I wil ever do that.

A punched shot is ugly on the range, and it isn't any prettier from a treestand. They result in alot of wounded deer. Shoot BT, kill more deer. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts