Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, did a bunch of research in regards to specs and price range. I have been using some huntersview razorback stands for awhile now. But looking for a little be lighter stand plus hopefully a better seat(more comfortable).

I really like the biggest platform I can get but want to keep my new stand under 16 lbs. So I found three that seem to fit the mold. Opinions or comparison between the 3 would be great. All 3 are at the $130ish range.

Summit Deer Deck Lite
Gorilla Silverback Mag.
API Mag.

all aluminum in design, I figure the difference between the razorback 21 lbs and these others is no less that -6 lbs. and hanging will be much easier.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
The Gorillas are nice stands,fairly light, solid, and quick to hang. Two otherstands you might want to consider are the Ameristep Patriot stand and the Lone Wolf Alpha hang-on. I have the Lone Wolf w/ the EZ-Hook system which allows you to use the stand in multiple spots. I absolutely love that stand.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I love both the Gorillas and the APIs. My API is easier for me too hang, but my Gorilla is quieter and a little more solid.

Both good stands though.

BTG19

·
Registered
660 Posts
Go with a Lone Wolf hang on.

Best stand made. Period. Worth the $$$$$. Light.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Of the 3 you mentioned, I prefer the Gorilla as well.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Summit

I have 2 Deer Deck Lites and also a Copperhead.......either is a fantastic stand. The Deer Deck Lites have double heavy duty ratchet strap attachment and you can level the platform AFTER the stand is attached to the tree thanks to a neat cable attachment design.
The seat is super comfy with a smaller version of their sling style climber seat....no hard frame on your thighs.

The Copperhead is probably the most stupid simple stand to hang.......the first time I hung one I think I actually giggled.:tongue: This stand also has one of the most comfortabe seats I've used. Its traingular, thick and slung so you don't get the pressure point discomfort of standard hang ons. The platform mirrors the Summit Climbers so they have lots of room out front.

I wish I had nothing but these 2 style stands, I'd be a happy camper.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate it, keep the thoughts coming

I will keep my Razorback, but this time I am choosing lightness and comfort(which includes platform size for me, I feel safer in bigger). Tired of trying to buy only cheap hang on's. I have my climber for public, but need high quality hang on for my private land. Plus my rear gets sore after 3 hrs in my Razorback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts