Archery Talk Forum banner

3 or 4 finger??

561 Views 9 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  arch3r8oy
Going to a thumb release. I was wondering what is "better" or what the difference is between the 3 & 4 shooting wise.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
11,635 Posts
It's personal preference. I think 3 is most popular. I shoot a 4 becauase I like to have all my fingers on a release. It's easier to draw the bow as well as use back tension............FOR ME.
Try both and decide for yourself.

Lien2

· Registered
498 Posts
3 or 4 ???

Ahhh......that is the question...3 or 4 ???

Well, I agree with the above post. All a matter of preference. I also like to have a place for my finger to rest and I shoot the 4 finger tru-ball release.
Very comfortable for me to shoot a 4 finger compared to a 3 finger.
One word of advise though, shoot as many different releases as possible. You just may suprise yourself with what you finally choose.

· Genesis 27:3
1,249 Posts
Personally I shoot a TRUBall 4 Spot. I like having my pinky on the release and it allows me to ease the back tension a lot easier. I do know a lot of people that like the 3 finger though. I would agree with the post below...shoot as many different kinds to see what you like. :darkbeer:

· Registered
2,738 Posts
Personally I shoot a TRUBall 4 Spot. I like having my pinky on the release and it allows me to ease the back tension a lot easier. I do know a lot of people that like the 3 finger though. I would agree with the post below...shoot as many different kinds to see what you like. :darkbeer:
+1

I like the extra finger on my release.
its more comfortable to me.

· Registered
4,587 Posts
I have shot a 4 finger for the last 2 years and I am finding myslef shooting more with a 3 finger now. I feel it gives me a more consistent shot and I don't seem to wrestle with the release as much. But again, it is personal preference. SHoot them both and see what you like.

Another note, if you have to buy one, you can always shoot a 4 finger with 3 but NEVER a 3 finger with 4.

· Registered
3 Posts
If you are planning on using back tension a 3 finger release would be better because when you squeeze with your pinky your thumb will automatically squeeze too. On the other hand a 4 finger release you maybe more comfortably than a 3 finger.

· Registered
723 Posts
I shoot the Carter Chocolate Addiction 4 finger and love it, Tried the three finger models and seem to prefer the 4 finger more. Just my 2 cents.

· Registered
5,550 Posts
I shoot all four finger releases even though if you looked at my pinky all it is doing is barely touching the release at all. There isnt even enough pressure on the pinky to even dent the skin. As already stated it is all just a personal preference.

· Registered
171 Posts
I have a four finger tru ball realease that i shoot with three fingers.I shoot tighter groups more consistantly with three fingers and it seems to anchor alot easyer for me , but you should try them both and see what you like.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.