Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No Bucks in your State For 3 years ? Just think how big the bucks would be in 3 years..All the 2 y/o would be 5 and so on..... I could hold off for 3 how about you? Just have to shoot does for awhile!

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
WOW.... just imagine what Illinois would be like! :eek: I'd do it and could get by with shooting/culling Does until then. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I'd go along with that! Can't even imagine some of the WI monsters that would produce!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
there would be mass revolts and the game commission would be lynched if they did that in PA. I'm sure many of you remember the uproar when antler restrictions were introduced.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
As long as your state can survive without half its license revenue for three years (including very few nonresidents), you'd have a great population to hunt for a couple years. Then you have to wonder how many button bucks got killed while hunters could only kill antlerless deer, and whether hunters have learned basic principles of QDM in the off years. Otherwise, in 3-5 years, you'll be right back where you are today, possibly with fewer hunters in your state, due to attrition during the doe-only period. It can work, but not if the rule change is the only tool used. Education has to go along with it.

Best Regards,
Byron :)

·
I like big buffs!
4,291 Posts
That would be badass! I'd do it......

Welcome to BOONER-land!! :eek:

I've always thought what a difference one year would make...let alone three!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I could do it...

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
That would be a great idea but I think once they started bouncing off the hoods of cars & trucks the insurance companies would have their panties in a knot.:wink:

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
old Graybeard said:
That would be a great idea but I think once they started bouncing off the hoods of cars & trucks the insurance companies would have their panties in a knot.:wink:
He can bounce off my truck if i get to keep the horns:)

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Byron said:
Cheaper, easier and just as sporting to buy the horns off eBay! :wink:

Best Regards,
Now wheres the fun in that:)

·
Bowhunter
5,200 Posts
I'd support that policy in CT. It would have to be legislated, however - too many independent-minded folks today just gotta do what they gotta do no matter the age of the buck.:sad:

·
Registered
546 Posts
I talked to a deer farmer and he has been talking to the DNR in Michigan and Wisconsin proposing a every other year scenario. One year would be doe only and the next a buck. Think about the growth you could get in just 2 years, you get a lot in 3 but you would get pretty nice growth in 2. The 1.5 old buck will be 3.5, the 2.5 would be 4.5 and so on. You would see a better quality buck herd and more mature deer would be shot therefore you would see more happy hunters. This is a great plan for those who are looking for the big buck but it is a very hard thing to convince hunters who want to shoot bucks only. There are many in my area who are dead set on shooting a buck or nothing. I am convinced, I usually get a buck every other year anyway and I shoot a doe or two every year for the freezer.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I could go along with this 3 year plan.

However, I really like the idea of the plan that uphunter is talking about. I think that this plan is far more realistic as far as more hunters going along with it.

I would like to see a plan like that adopted in IN.

BTG19

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
I could even support two bucks, every other year. This has much better long-term impact than a one-time, three-year plan.

Best Regards,

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I'm in. I'd make it a "resident only" restriction and I'm going to ILLINOIS to hunt over one of Cornfeds food plots.:tongue:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
old Graybeard said:
Yeah but if you are shooting the does then the numbers will decrease anyways. I think we should all get together without any state laws and do it. Start working in your areas to get everyone on the same page and see what happens.

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its been 2 years,,,bet we would have some Hog Bucks by now:cry:

·
Registered
19,545 Posts
there would be mass revolts and the game commission would be lynched if they did that in PA. I'm sure many of you remember the uproar when antler restrictions were introduced.
haha...your not kidding!!

the funny thing is that most people wouldnt complain about no bucks...they would complain that the PGC is killing all the does:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts