Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have that old Barnett quad 300 I built the string for and I was wondering if this is good speed? The bolt was 456gr I think and it was shooting on average at 308fps the owners manual says it should shoot 340fps not sure total arrow weight but if so what can I do to give me a few more fps???

·
Registered
603 Posts
I think a 450gr bolt doing 308 is pretty good. I have the Equinox, check my sig for comparison.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks I was proud because I built the string and cables my self I am going to try a carbon bolt and see what she does might have to put some letches on the string it is a little noisey I like it though my dad is not in great shape so he might have to end up using it gotta give them a call tomorrow and get some new rope ordered for the cocking device

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
The weight of the arrow, as well as the string, will affect speed. 308 with a 450+ arrow is good and it's much easier on bow than lighter arrow. The bow was likely speced with a much lighter arrow common practice with advertising. Anything on limbs or string will only slow arrow more and won't do much to reduce noise; certainly not to the point deer won't hear it. That's just the nature of the beast we call crossbows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts