Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there

i have BowTech Captain wich has a max draw of 30inc but i have draw of 31 will i get away with this bow ??

·
UnBannable
8,195 Posts
If I were you, I would find a bow that fits me. I know what my draw is, and I would have a HARD time trying to be accurate with a bow that is an inch shorter than it should be. In your case, it may limit your options slightly as not all bows will get to 31", but there are some nice bows out there that will.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Welcome to AT. Have you shot the bow yet. If your feeling really cramped up shooting the bow then it may be too short. If the DL feels good then don't get hung up on numbers. Many people make the mistake of thinking their DL is a certain length and then will never experiment to see what DL they shoot the best.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
There's always the good ole long D-loop trick! Waste of energy, but will let you shoot the bow if you need to.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
i have a 31 inch draw myself my protech is set at 30 inch with a loop on the string, when i draw my bow on my draw board and i measure from the throat off the grip to the back of the loop i end up at 30 5/8 and it feels very good to me.try a loop and see how it feels... just remember with such long draws it is very hard for the string to come into contact with ones nose, my hoyt is a 38 ata and it comes no where near my nose...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts