Archery Talk Forum banner

350 gr arrow?

1147 Views 18 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  johnnybravoo77
I want to shoot a 350gr arrow out of my 09 Captain to get more speed than my 410gr arrows. But when I look at the sizing chart at Gold tip and Victory arrows the spine vs gpi wont let me get it done. I want something as close to 350gr grain complete ( fletching, nock, insert, 100gr broadhead) as possible. Like I said I am using a 09 Captain 70# with a 29 in draw and QAD Ultra Rest Pro HD. Any suggestion on how to get the right spine and arrow weight would be great. Thanks.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Banned
4,880 Posts
I don't know the specs on the Captain but this might get you pretty close.

Here is what I'm shooting.
Q2XL at 70 lbs with a 308 or 310 IBO rating
29" draw length
28" Carbon Force 300's with G5 inserts
Fletched with 4 2" Vanetec vanes
85 grain Slick Tricks
Total arrow weight is exactly 350 grains

· Banned
4,880 Posts
Check out Carbon Express Maximas. They are light and have the spine you need. You would probably need the 350s.
There was a guy the other day posted up the arrows he was shooting and they were the Carbon Express 350's and his weighed 350 grains.Not sure now exactly how long they were or any other specs he provided, but I think he was shooting a 100 grain head.

· Registered
1,815 Posts
I'm was getting 306fps with a 370 grain arrow with your same specs. Carbon Express Maxima Hunter in 250 shaft with blazer / wraps and 100 grain tip. I changed it to 28.5 draw recently and have not shot it through the chrono. i will tomorrow when I pick up my new bow.

· Registered
187 Posts

I'm shooting GTXT 27.25" 3" feathers and 2 blade rage 100gr=355. 60 lb bow 295 fps
Took a 215 lb deer (field dressed) @ 37 yds and passed through, arrow laying on ground 20yds past

· Banned
4,880 Posts
got some carbon expresses to weigh that much
Me to.Mine are the old 300's.They weigh and shoot the same as the Carbon Forces.The Gold Tips hit pretty close to the same as those to up to 30-35 yards but they are a little heavier.I made up some Gold Tip Ultralight 400's that weigh 350 grains but I haven't shot them yet to see how good they are going to fly.The Ultralights are 28",four fletched with 2" Vanetec HP's,have G5 inserts,CB Unibushings,G-Nocks and 100 grain points.

· Registered
4,595 Posts
Get you some Gold Tip 55/75's cut them to 26.5 in. from nock groove to end of shaft and fletch with 2in. Hp's. and 100 grain head. 356.5 grains and will do the job on any deer you want to shoot. Slide your rest back as far as it will go to accomidate the shorter arrow. THe HD Quad may not go back far enough but i think it will. I know the LD will. THis arrow flies great and tunes great. I shoot 323 fps out of my Allegiance and it will drive tacks. I just fletched up a couple of arrows with 2inch.plastifletch max vanes. They are 3.1 gpi. this brought my arrow down to 351 grains. Try it i guarantee you will like it.

· Registered
3,016 Posts
I am not sure how some of you are comming up with him being able to shoot les than the 28 inch arrow or 27 3/4 if his draw is 29?

check and see if ACC will do it. Our minimum in idaho is 300grns you could check with a pro shop her and see if they can come up with somthing for you. didn't look to see where your from, but that is a new thing for us in the past couple of years, so it should still be a fresh topic for the proshops.

· Banned
2,992 Posts
I'm shooting 27.5" Easton Flatline 340s from my 70lb 30" 82nd with 100g heads and hitting about 365g total.

The Flatlines are pretty nice, though the carbon is soft and seems to "flare" a little at the nock, especially if you hit it with an arrow square device (like the G5).

· Registered
3,555 Posts
360 gr.

This is a Maxima 250 (cut 28 6/8''), Blazers, wrap, 100 gr. tip

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.