Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas or is this normal, new Danny Miller Flemish string, I never had a problem with the trigger latch making a dent in the center serving until I had a limb failure, (brand new limbs), second set of new limbs is when I noticed that after the first shot the serving on the left side is pretty smashed (dented) from the latch, turned string around and same problem. It's not cutting into the serving yet but when it's cocked and then fired it's pretty noticeable. No problem on the right side. Brace height is 1/4 off of the bumpers and the tiller is even. The only thing I noticed is when it is cocked the left side string sits lower on the rail, the right side has about an eight inch in clearance, this is back at the latch end. Latches are polished. No serving separation but the dent is pretty noticeable. Normal or not? What could be causing it?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dead accurate to 50 yards. that's all my yard goes to

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Put a square on the string and rail on both sides of the rail...see if the string is squared.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put a square on the string and rail on both sides of the rail...see if the string is squared.
Checked with a square, it just about even on both sides, what about limb deflection?

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Could you post a pic of the 1/8th inch difference of string on rail? Something must be twisted just a lil...

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I spose you have already done this but...check the limb bolts....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Limb bolts are tight.
I try to post a pic of both sides

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can't get photobucket to work with mobile uploads on my phone right now , unless I'm crazy or I was pulling the rope cocker up uneven couldn't get it to do what I was explaining, anyways, I put the original matrix string back on and no dent in the string when cocked, Im going to leave it cocked overnight and check, but it seems like the serving isn't tight on the Flemish string :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts