Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was shooting my SZ380 with my Sriker carbons today and when I pulled the trigger the string broke. A piece of the nock cut my hand.
Messed up the cables and cams too. Will my warrenty cover this.

·
Registered
990 Posts
These problems are beginning to sound like a broken record...I guess when they sell a zillion of these bows that some bad ones get through the cracks. Hope you get your bow back up and running......seasons start pretty soon.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Tell us what the rear of the arrow looks like. Sounds like a dry fire from a broken nock.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
My guess ... from experience ... it probably was not the string. More likely the plastic nock out of a high performance bow. Bowtech has had the reputation of using very high quality strings.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The string does'nt look like it pulled apart, it looks cut. I will not be useing anything except alumunim nocks from here on out. What kind of accuracy can I expect with alumunim nocks and 125 gr. heads from Lazer IIs .

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
U can also look at FireNock regular nocks. Very well made. That is what I have been using.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
I would go with 100 grain heads. BTW, factory Stryekzone strings and cables on the 350 and 380 seem to be very high quality.

Plastic nocks rarely blow up or snap in half or end up being driven up into the shaft BUT when it happens.........:pukey: Aluminum nocks eliminate those problems.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will not be useing another plastic nock. I am careful loading and I did not see anything that would tell me the nock was about to blow up in my face. I am trying to have the most accurate weapon I can (safely).

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Tenn, keep us posted on how it goes with getting your crossbow repaired and back to you.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
I will not be useing another plastic nock. I am careful loading and I did not see anything that would tell me the nock was about to blow up in my face. I am trying to have the most accurate weapon I can (safely).
I've seen ... 15 plastic nocks in various stages of failure ... and ALL of them were cracking from INSIDE the arrow up to the bottom of the moon valley. It's very unlikely you would notice an issue until you had a "cataclysmic disassembly."

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
"cataclysmic disassembly."

I like that !!!...lol

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Another way of saying it........"my bow blowed up":wink:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wyvern is already on it. I'm shipping him my bow tomorrow and he's ordering the parts. Wyvern's comes highly recommended by me. :thumbs_up

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
He'll take care of you and your bow.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts