Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin at gettin a bow just for 3d, (somthin fast):wink::wink::wink::mg: .... but dont like shooting brace heights under 7 inches... so my question is... what is the fastest bow at 7 inch brace height or more.... and what do you think the most shootable (or easiest to shoot accuratley) bow for 3d.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and the ATA needs to be at least 35.

is hot the AB and the maxxis yesterday... dont think ill be buying either

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the scepter 4 mag interests me

Speed: 335-345 FPS (70#, 30”, 350 gr.)
Let-Off: 80% (adjustable)
Draw Weights: 60#, 70#
Draw Lengths: 26” to 30”
Brace Height: 7”
Weight: 4 lbs.
Axle Length: 37 1/4”

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
and the ATA needs to be at least 35.

is hot the AB and the maxxis yesterday... dont think ill be buying either
From personal experience.....IF You want a longer A-T-A bow, with a 7" brace height, that is FAST, it will be very very hard to beat a Hoyt Ultra Elite or Ultra Tec with XT-2000 limbs, and Spirals...The Martin Slayer's with Nitrous X cams arent slouches either....Harperman

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
you can't go wrong with a ultratec with 2000 limbs and spiral cams

the bh would be close to your 7". i think it should be 6.75 on that model.

the ATA would be 37.5"

will easily get over 300 fps with a 28" dl and 60 lbs. running a 325 gr. arrow.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i can get the same speeds out of my vectrix xl as i can the ultratec tho...(320 ibo) ... so there would be no point in doing that. i would just shoot my vectrix.. but im lookin for somthin up close to the 340+ ibo range

·
Registered
798 Posts
I am really looking close at the following, not in order:

Athens Exceed 300

Strother Archery Inspire

New Breed Archery Cyborg

Elite XLR

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
i can get the same speeds out of my vectrix xl as i can the ultratec tho...(320 ibo) ... so there would be no point in doing that. i would just shoot my vectrix.. but im lookin for somthin up close to the 340+ ibo range
Weston, ever chrono that Vectrix XL??....Also, what is Your draw length?....Here's something to think about....My Katera XL, with Z-3 cams, was about 8 f.p.s. slower than my Ultra Elite, with with almost 1" MORE draw length
on the Katera XL....I did have the Z-3 cams on the Katera XL under rotated a tad bit......Dont let the Factory advertised I.B.O. rating fool 'Ya....Harperman

·
Registered
798 Posts
Which cams are best on the Scepter? I had heard mixed comments on the Furious X cams, but I am still interested in the shoot through set-up.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weston, ever chrono that Vectrix XL??....Also, what is Your draw length?....Here's something to think about....My Katera XL, with Z-3 cams, was about 8 f.p.s. slower than my Ultra Elite, with with almost 1" MORE draw length
on the Katera XL....I did have the Z-3 cams on the Katera XL under rotated a tad bit......Dont let the Factory advertised I.B.O. rating fool 'Ya....Harperman
307 ibo with 300 gr. arrow at 60# with 28.5 draw... but my draw on my pro-elite and razor-x is 28

·
Registered
683 Posts
I just bought

An Airborne 101st. 7" + brace ht. 37" A2A and fast. I picked it up for $350 used so it didn't break the bank.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
307 ibo with 300 gr. arrow at 60# with 28.5 draw... but my draw on my pro-elite and razor-x is 28
..Not too bad.....Check this.....2007 Ultra Elite, C-2 cams, measured draw of 27 5/8", 62# , A-T-A and brace in specs, 318 grain arrows at average of 301 f.p.s. with Fletcher peep, and loop....Add in that extra 1" of draw, and whatcha got??...'Bout 310 f.p.s....Hope this helps 'Ya out...Oh, yeah, the same set-up BUT with Spirals, would likely be about 315 f.p.s....Ultra Tecs, and Ultra Elites with Spirals SMOKE ....I still prefer ProTecs, and Pro Elites, though...Harperman

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
An Airborne 101st. 7" + brace ht. 37" A2A and fast. I picked it up for $350 used so it didn't break the bank.
i really like the specs on this bow... but i really dont like how much the roller guard has the cables pulled in toward the riser

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
I haven't shot either ans this is something you'd have to do for yourself anyway, but I had my eye on the New Martin ShadowCat, mainly because of the ATA and riser geometry, but it won't go short enough for my draw length.

Next in line was the Alien Z at 36" ATA with Hybrix 1.5 cams and this is what I ordered. Depending on your draw length you could probably order it with the regular Hybrix 2 cams and have a real smoker.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
The Bowtech Specailist is faster and just as smooth if not better than the Elite XLR. It's IBO rating is 330 fps.. Mine is shooting a 252 grain arrow at 318 fps set at 29 inch draw pulling only 52 pounds, and it holds on target like a dream. The Specailist is 37.5 ATA with a brace height of 7.5 inches. Try one that's all timed and tuned and I think you'll be hooked.
I am really looking close at the following, not in order:

Athens Exceed 300

Strother Archery Inspire

New Breed Archery Cyborg

Elite XLR

·
Registered
50,431 Posts
The Bowtech Specailist is faster and just as smooth if not better than the Elite XLR. It's IBO rating is 330 fps.. Mine is shooting a 252 grain arrow at 318 fps set at 29 inch draw pulling only 52 pounds, and it holds on target like a dream. The Specailist is 37.5 ATA with a brace height of 7.5 inches. Try one that's all timed and tuned and I think you'll be hooked.
I really doubt he cares this thread is 2 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts