Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a video clip of a way to save money on worn out 3D targets. I had my daughter video me in the back yard, while I fixed my "VERY" worn out McKenzie 3D. It's a 4 MB file in WMV format.

3D Fix Tip

JP

Attachments

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Great video!

Gotta update me on any new gadgets you've gotten.

New Camera?
What software?
How'd you do the voice over? Just regular mic plugged into PC?

Good fix on the 3D target too!

Bo

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Bo!!!

Same camera (Panasonic PV-DV 52D), same software (Pinnacle Studio 8) The software has a voice over tab the just runs off of the microphone attached to the computer. It's just an 8 dollar mic, but you can adjust the quality of the voiceover.

I ended up purchasing Adobe Premiere 6.5 after trying out a friends, just to make my slow motion scenes. Pinnacle cannot make the slow motion scenes with the original sound attached. I then save them as AVI files and then import them back into Studio. So far it's working out pretty well (knock on wood):D

Saturday is the first day of Pa archery, so I'll be out videoing by myself. My partner will be out with his brother:rolleyes: I'm going to try and use the tree pod thing that I made to video myself. Hopefully it will work out. My partner and I are supposed to go out Monday afternoon and he's going to video me. I have about the whole month of October off in vacation, so hopefully I'll get something to work with.....

JP

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
now that is one one more worn out target
LOL how do you get the arrows to stop?:D

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
that is a pretty quick fix Looks like it works pretty good.

I can give you a tip that will last a little longer but will probably cost you around 10 dollars
I think the stuff is called foam in a can, you can get ti at lowes or home depot, it is an insulating foam for filling cracks and crevices but it also works great for repairing 3D targets too. a hole that size will probably take a few cans and I think are around 3 dollars a can fill the hole wait about 24 hours and file down any excess foam and paint brown.
it will last a long time as long as you dont shoot broad heads through it.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Great job with the video and voice editing!

But man...I gotta ask...how old is that target??!!? :p
That thing looks like its been through a 50 state 3D tournament cycle TWICE!

I'd just have to break down and get a new one after it's been through that! :p

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
She ain't there no more. Must have blown through the bandwidth limit.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
That worked, good post. But how in the world did that deer get so torn up?! Holy Cow!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts