Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting older and softer shot some yesterday. I think 30 degrees is my limit. What is yours?

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Oh come on John it wasn't that bad yesterday .It was 39 Deg when we left ,but it felt a lot colder on the power line with the wind and snow blowing.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Shot this morning in 3D winter league 22 degrees with windchill of 12 degrees. Was alittle tough with the wind but had fun and shot good. Just had to dress in a couple layers and keep handwarmers in pockets.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
When it affects your shooting and is not enjoyable. That's too cold...

·
formerly 3drcher48
5,864 Posts
Today was my fourth time out. First day, 6 degrees, next about 8! Heatwave today @ about 23 with 15 mph winds. I only shot 1 day, cuz of rotator surgery in Oct., but can't wait to get out on weekends!!!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6 degrees now that's cold

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I shot 3d a couple years ago when temps were in the single digits. Werent many of us on the course that day.

·
Who'z Iam???
1,441 Posts
I'll never forget shooting a few years ago...It was about 11 degrees...I was shooting 2312 X7's....Corner of my lip stuck to the arrow!!
You could track my around the course...Major blood trail!!!!! Soooo...11 degrees is too cold for me!!

·
Registered
874 Posts
This weekend was to cold for me to really want to get out and shoot a round, especially in the mountains with the wind blowing. It seems since I have moved south i've become a cold weather wimp, lol.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I'll never forget shooting a few years ago...It was about 11 degrees...I was shooting 2312 X7's....Corner of my lip stuck to the arrow!!
You could track my around the course...Major blood trail!!!!! Soooo...11 degrees is too cold for me!!
That hurt me thinking about it. I would guess this is the reason you now have Carbon Express Staff Shooter in your signature.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,329 Posts
I'm getting older and softer shot some yesterday. I think 30 degrees is my limit. What is yours?
Lower than yours I know that.

You ain't getting older John. People are just getting younger.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
high 30's for me. Maybe because we are spoiled and have so many awsome indoor shoots to go to so i dont have to brave the cold

·
Registered
644 Posts
Ill stick to indoors during the winter. Wisco can be brutal.

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
I'm not going to lie, I like 50 and above if I'm going to shoot. :plain:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts