Archery Talk Forum banner

3D on TV

816 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  sj_lutz
Has anyone heard anything about a possible 3D tournament TV show? From what I have heard about two weeks ago there was a shoot at Nelsonville that was being filmed for a show on one of the cable networks. The shoot was made up of 3 man teams with a qualifing round on saturday and a finals round on sunday. Sounds interesting to me but i have heard very little about it.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12,283 Posts
I think the Versus channel is doing a show on all around outdoorsmen that will feature some archery stuff. supposed to start in November.
I was at Metropolis (ASA) and they were shooting a lot of video there.

· Registered
1,610 Posts
I think the Versus channel is doing a show on all around outdoorsmen that will feature some archery stuff. supposed to start in November.
I was at Metropolis (ASA) and they were shooting a lot of video there.
Metropolis was the Full Draw Adventures Crew....Levi Morgans Show

They are at every ASA Pro/Am

· Registered
1,179 Posts
OhioMike the deal at Nelsonville a couple of weeks ago was part of The Great Outdoor Show at Hocking College. The reason no one knew anything about the archery part is because the IBO was involved and good ole Ken only had his good ole boys involved. They had four three man teams shoot an exhibition in 3DI style(a 50 yard compound shooter, a RU shooter and a LB shooter). Ken only asked the guys who were the top 4 for SOY in RU, which if I am not mistaken if you attend 3 of the 7 shoots you would have been top 4 or 5. According to a friend who was there Ken was saying that this could get big with big time prizes. When my friend asked the guys from Cabela's (who were putting on the show) about it they said if there were going to be big prizes in the future Ken would have to get them.

It is going to be interesting next year to see if the IBO will send a team to the 3DI competition in Europe. There was talk a couple of years ago that at every National Triple Crown shoot there was going to be a 3DI competition. I don't recall it ever happening. Oh well I could have missed it since I am pretty out of the loop when it comes to IBO.

· Registered
6,441 Posts
If they do, I hope they do it with a split screen. One side showing the archer making the shot, the other a zoom on at least the 8 ring of the target.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.