Archery Talk Forum banner

3d question

415 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  adamtbundy
I just got done reading about the indoor worlds in ohio discussion on here and i keep hearing a term being used. someone said a 32 up won it and im curiouse what does the term "up" mean. the number above the 400? just wondering why people were using the up term? sorry for the "newbieism"

and for clarification if the up is the number i shot over a 400 would a score of say 413 be a 13 up? lol thanks for any clarification
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,422 Posts
I just got done reading about the indoor worlds in ohio discussion on here and i keep hearing a term being used. someone said a 32 up won it and im curiouse what does the term "up" mean. the number above the 400? just wondering why people were using the up term? sorry for the "newbieism"

and for clarification if the up is the number i shot over a 400 would a score of say 413 be a 13 up? lol thanks for any clarification
I do not shoot a lot of indoor but in a 3D round with 20 targets if someone shot a 210 then they would say i shot 10 up or if they shot a 190 they would be 10 down hope this helps

· Registered
786 Posts
The term "up" or "down" is based upon shooting par or even. Shooting "even" on a course means that you averaged at least 10 points per target. Depending on the shoot and what guidelines they are following, some targets will score 12 points max (center 12 or low 12 place within the 10 ring of the target), 10 points with center X (X count used to determine tie breakers) and even some shoots will use a 14 ring that is placed outside the 10 ring.

So, as stated above if it was a 20 target course and you averaged 10 points per target for a score of 200, that would be called shooting even. If you shot all 15 tens and 5 twelve's.. You would have shot 10 up (210 points). If you shot 15 tens and 5 eights, you would have shot 10 down (190 points), etc.. So shooting "up" or "down" is determined by:

Number of targets X 10 points = Even

Anything above "even" is up, and anything below "even" is down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.