Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt find what I needed used, so Im going to buy a new one. I dont use a loop, so I need a release that fits directly over the string. I also dont want to move my peep, kisser,etc. just to use a thumb pull. No Im not lazy, you just dont get any arrows shot by moving peep sights around :) Thats convenience, if you have to move things around, thats fine.

Kinda dont want to shell out the cash for a carter but if they have what I need, Ill buy one.

Tru Ball is already out of the equation.

What brand and model fits my needs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
there are several back tension type releases that use rope release. if you are going to shoot alot, i just dont see how your going to get away without either a dloop, or using a rope release. that said, the many of the carter thumb releases can also be used with a rope. if you watch the classifieds you can get good deals on carter releases. the hand held type releases have been MUCH more accurate and consistant for me. easton94

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
It appears money is the issue here so I would go with the best wrist strap release available - the Tru-Ball Tornado.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
release

hey pse what do you have against tru ball, thumb release i would say, carter insatiable, or tru ball trailboss, i shoot the ultra extreme, and have shot the little boss for years, great releases, and Ben had sent me the short and sweet, i will use it to hunt with, im not a caliper release guy, but that is the best caliper release by far., has zero trigger travel, and extremely crisp.i thought scott mongoose and little goose where the best, until now.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Thats a tough questioin with a long list of answers.............my only addition would be to try to stay close to what you're already shooting to help hold some consistency.
I never liked changing releases,but most have to throughout the year to shoot every aspect of archery that we enjoy.
BT for target,fingers for fish & small game,Trigger for big game,etc.
good luck with it,& try a few first if you can.
Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts