Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good score on a 35 target 3D course? I have only shot at 3D 2 times and scored 260 like to be 300 or better but is this a bad score?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
It all depend on the coarse. If you have lots of big targets under 30 yards you might have room for improvement. If you shooting at lots of turkeys and other small targets at or past 30 you are doing very well with that score. By the way check out this link It may help you out on 3D. http://www.archerydealer.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1491

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where I shoot there is a good mix most targets are 30 to 40 so I dont hang my head at my score! And improvement is why I shoot every chance I get.

·
Electified Archer
3,275 Posts
Any score you shoot is a good score. It shows that you are out there at least trying. Try not to get to wrapped up in "a good score". Just try and have fun, then the "good scores" will come

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I shot today, dident do as well as last week but my brother in-law shot 50 higher than last week so I was pleased. And my 13 yr old son shot 15 higher so it was a great day! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Any score that challenges your personal best is a good score. Just go out and shoot against yourself and have fun. A few weeks ago, I was shooting a course that was set up terribly. Many of the vitals were completely obscured by junk in the way. I lost an arrow on a 20 yard target that should have been a piece of cake to hit because the arrow was deflected by the garbage in front of the target. After the fourth such target, I tore up my score card and had lots of fun from that point on. More and more, I find that I enjoy 3D more if I forget scoring and just shoot for fun. Just shoot one target at a time, forget the other targets and your score and enjoy the sport.

Automan

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'll be doing another Traditional 3-D shoot tomorrow. The first one I scored 194 out of 300. I am happy with that score because, I didn't loose one arrow. Tomorrow, I'll be looking to better that. I've been at it hard and can place them pretty good to 20 yards. What I'll have to over come is the target panic that starts to set in at the longer ranges.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got back from a 3D shoot. First 4 targets were bad, so I told the guys I was with lets have fun and what ever it will be a good day, after that I shot the best score of my life a 265, So you guys are right enjoy it or go home!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts