Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you use for arrows if you had acc's and 2213's? I shot with a Pro and he would shoot 2212's over any carbon arrows. I am shooting a MQ1?

·
74,535 Posts
Next year

Im considering aluminum arrows again.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
I'd think long and hard about the aluminums. Just depends on how much speed you want to get. Carbon is always going to be lighter.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Shoot what groups for your form and setup. ACC is a great arrow, and groups just as well for 3-D as an all alum. arrow. Some carbons are getting knocked because of weight and spine variations, and the fact that they don't group out of a shooting machine as well as alum's. I personally however, have gotten better long range groups with carbons. Shoot what works!

·
74,535 Posts
Reason for Aluminums

I was told by several Pros. Linecutting for 3d. I know my scores were as good or better with 2312. I do beleive Aluminums have better tolarences. I would just watch a see what most pros shoot. Aluminum arrows. Acc will be my next choice if shooting carbons next year.

Bad part they dont take hits very well.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I use 2512's. 2514's for hunting, and either for spots.:) You do lose speed though, but if you judge yardage well and are sighted in, it should not be a problem. As DB said "cutting the line" is also an advantage of a fatter shaft.:D

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Most those ultra fat carbons weigh almost as much as a 12 series aluminum, or more, so there goes the advantage there.:confused: I dont think that anyone makes a carbon that is 25/64"s any way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts