Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im new to all of archery unless you count that the only bows ive shot before last year was a little cheap peewee one that has a draw weight of about 1 lbs or my dads recurve bow that was really only good for shooting carp...but anyways this winter i would like to give 3d shoots a try if there are any near boise, idaho that noone would mind if i give it a try it would be great practice for when i start hunting and it would be a lot of fun in those cold winter months

but anyways if there are can i use my bow that is set up for archery or do i need special stuff..thanks

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
What are you currently shooting? There are different "classes" to 3D shoots, which are based around what kind of equipment you want to use.

A good place to begin looking for 3D shoots in your area is 3dshoots.com, although they don't have any listed in Idaho for the remainder of the year. You might also try contacting local shops or rod & gun/outdoor clubs to find out, since they're usually the groups that put on 3D shoots.

·
Banned
1,626 Posts
During the winter there are not many 3D shoots in Idaho, I would suggest getting into an indoor league. I don't know where you live forsure, but at Nampa Bow Chiefs there is a pretty good indoor league and I believe it is Thursday nights, they have a "hunter" night where they have 2D animals and anyone can shoot. Most people there are good people who don't really care what ability level you are as long as you are following the ranges protecal. If you want to PM me then I can get you more information. Also 3D shoots start in March around here. Check out Cabela's they always have signs up.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
During the winter there are not many 3D shoots in Idaho, I would suggest getting into an indoor league. I don't know where you live forsure, but at Nampa Bow Chiefs there is a pretty good indoor league and I believe it is Thursday nights, they have a "hunter" night where they have 2D animals and anyone can shoot. Most people there are good people who don't really care what ability level you are as long as you are following the ranges protecal. If you want to PM me then I can get you more information. Also 3D shoots start in March around here. Check out Cabela's they always have signs up.
hmm never thought of talking to cabelas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts